WB-Sim 172S Classic Enhancement - where to report bugs?

Brilliant, thanks, are you the developer? I considering this add on, was wondering if additional features/ support will follow

Come over to the WB-SIM discord and meet the community there. The Devs (yes, I am one), are always open to talk about the Enhansement Mod.!!
Currently no (identified) Bugs … but a lot of planned new features, - next update soon after SU11 releases.

2 Likes

All links I can find to the WB-Sim Discord server are invalid (I assume timed out). Can someone please provide a new link? TIA

1 Like

WB Sim This link is set to never expire so hopefully it works.

That worked. Thank you!

Can anyone using the Honeycomb Bravo provide some guidance on getting the KAP140 to respond using the Bravo’s AP controls? I haven’t flown the WB-Sim 172 in a while and the Bravo controls every KAP on other planes, but not the WB-Sim. I can still manipulate the AP with the mouse, but I prefer the Bravo.

I’m not sure after SU12, a WT upgrade, the github 140 mod, etc. what combination works for the WB-Sim. Sorry, can’t use Discord. That stupid thing always wants me to “claim” an account I don’t own. Thanks.

Probably NOT in this MSFS forum, (without breaking the Forum COC), because 3rd Party addon Tech support is meant to be done OFF this MSFS Forum, on the addon developers own Tech Support site, which in many cases, is their Discord Server.

It’s all in the manual. Including specific spad examples, as both spad and the bravo are what I use.

Not sure what to tell ya about discord, other than make a gmail account for such things (I’ve technically got about 10…only a couple of which I’ve been able to keep track of the passwords for…but they’re all throw away accounts anyway. Very VERY few places get my REAL email.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help. I couldn’t find any mention of the Honeycomb (or spad) in the manual and I don’t use spad. If that’s required for the Bravo to control the AP, I’ll pass and just use the mouse. Don’t need another 3rd party bit of software to manage. Odd that every other plane’s AP seems to work out box with the Bravo (at least the ones I regularly use). Thanks again!

Has anyone run into the engine not starting? Even the prop won’t turn…. Followed the checklist to the letter…

Same problem here. Cannot get the AI pilot to start it or the cntrl-e sequence to start it either. Fuel is on. Seems to be an issue since last beta for SU13 - 1.34.12.0. Have had the problem on occasion before, but seems worse this time.

Suggest you ask for Tech Support in the wb-sim Discord.

This server does NOT require you to give an Email address or a phone number to take part in activities on the Wb-Sim discord server.

In the end, I wound up deleting the WB-172. It’s not worth the headache trying the get the KAP-140 to function properly with the Honeycomb Bravo (or by itself for that matter). Odd how every other plane, whether 3rd Party or Asobo works with the Bravo by default. Oh well, it’s not the first time I bought a plane that disappointed.

If for whatever reason you do not like the more enhanced Wb-sim’s C172 KAP140 AP, it is easy enough to revert the KAP140 AP, back to the standard, more basic Asobo one.

If you cannot figure out how to do that yourself, all you had to do is visit the WB-SIM Discord, and ask for a little tech support there.

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water :wink:

Since, by this MSFS forum’s Rules, this is not the place for Dev to give detailed tech support for their product, details of how to switch back to the original Asobo KAP140 AP have just been posted on the Wb-Sim Discord, especially for you.
(in #General)

Thank you for your help over there. Much appreciated! It almost worked (got the KAP140 working just fine), but it hosed my Nav unit.

Should NOT have done that !!!
I’ll try it on my system and let you know if it happens to me or not …

OOOps, I messed up, takes a litle more to be set back to the original Asbo KAP140 … see updated instructions in WB-SIM Discord

For the Bravo and the KAP, I couldn’t quite connect the dots with the info in the manual as I’m new to spad.next. After fumbling with it for a few hours, I stumbled on something that works. I set up a condition that the left knob had to be on ALT and only then could the right knob set the altitude (don’t want it controlling HDG when it’s set to ALT). Don’t know if this is the correct approach, but this works:

1 Like