We have to criticize but we cant always be so harsh

Denelopers at Asobo need the criticism to repair bugs and to improve the experience overall and we should continue to do so but we should acknowledge that they are doing a whole bunch of stuff such as preparing vr, dx12 and other new features…We keep asking and asking to do everything asap but the sim is only 1 and a half month old. There are issues and bugs that keep some of us away from enjoying the sim and they should be addressed firstly from the team, and issues with downgraded graphics which make people unhappy and worried. We have to report back to them since they seem to listen to us…but for god sake stop being so negative and harsh, all this negativity will hurt the sim and not help it…

46 Likes

Amen 100%. I think people take things for granted and dont see what this sim has to offer. Sure it has bugs and issues but be patient and things will improve. This sim has a bright future. Microsoft and Asobo are working hard day in and day out. We havent even hit 2 months since release and there are so many great things happening for the sim. Keep reporting issues, bugs and vote for topics you find important and this sim will become something we only dreamed of!

11 Likes

People were not used to have such a powerful tool for their hobby (simming) and they become extremely picky sometimes because they want perfection…Perfection will come but it needs time and patience…

4 Likes

There’s a maturity problem here. Ignoring it is difficult, but I try. It’s certainly not going to change anytime soon.

I can’t imagine what the Discord is like. :grimacing:

We live in an instant gratification world. It gets tiresome. I blame it on McDonalds and Taco Bell. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and unfortunately it is sparsely used around here. There are so many users that are helpful and constructive on the forums and within the community, and it’s a bummer their voices are drowned out by the hyper-vocal minority.

1 Like

Blame it on the microtransaction MMO’s that offer instant levelling, instant gold, or instant… whatever it might be. You’re assuming the generation of complainers actually knew how fast the original mickey d’s were. :wink:

And as far as “harsh” is concerned: it is really really easy to sit around tinking away on a keyboard and throwing insults and ultimatums around. Just spend a day on Twitter…

Many things I’ve read on this forum - and exchanges between members here - would not likely be said sitting next to that individual on a bar stool drinking a pint. It gets bad sometimes. But… that’s what the Ignore feature is for.

4 Likes

SO true… most were not likely even a twinkle in Mom and Dad’s eye back then…

1 Like

Constructive criticism…such a great phrase…unfortunately this exists in a perfect world…I am so tired of the bitterness I read on most of the topics that I am afraid to open the forum page in my browser…Hope Asobo people dont get so affected by all this negativity…

3 Likes

It’s a sign of the times. It will get better… the complainers will always complain, and one by one they’ll be ignored. It takes time to build a good filter for the chronic whiners. :smile:

2 Likes

We have to be able to filter whole topics not only replies…

I have found the ranks thin when they’ve realized their screams and tantrums don’t get them anywhere. It doesn’t exist in a perfect world, it exists in a world where we come together as a community and understand that these issues aren’t going to be fixed overnight, or over the course of a week or two weeks even. We’re just over a month post release, and I see some people acting like this has been released for a year. I know a lot of the harsh complaints come from a passionate place, sims are held very dear to most of our hearts - especially Microsoft’s lineup. That doesn’t give anyone the right, paid or not, to spew vitriolic remarks around and claim incompetency.

I almost asked that question of a moderator the other day. Hitting ignore on certain topics would be excellent!

You should… :smile:

Hello, greetings to all, I hope you are well. Regarding the comment that ScenicAtol3300 makes, I completely agree, it must be pointed out what is wrong so that it can be corrected, but always respecting the people behind this great project, working day and night to give the best benefit to all of us . God bless you. Greetings

3 Likes

My brother worked as a coder/developer (remember MS Money?) back in the day. The people in this industry work very, very hard on problems many of us cannot even comprehend. So, I’ll admit a bit of prejudice (in a good way… maybe bias is a better word) toward developers and programmers.

As was mentioned in the Q&A when discussing Main Thread and calls to a multi-core CPU: it all comes unravelled very quickly.

1 Like

We are all very passionate about this and thats good but…
I watched the q&a from Asobo team today and I really felt sorry of both of them when the moderator was asking them about all these wishlists and complaints and they kept saying we will fix that and that and that…and they seemed to me so tired…and its only one and a half month dealing with the general public…
Its well past midnight here so just to add that Asobo should know that a big majority of us appreciate their effort and hard work and we have patience to wait for what is coming…

3 Likes

I agree. I couldn’t imagine being in that position in the current state of the forums.

1 Like

All that ever needed to be said was expressed in that sentence.

What does this sim have to offer?

After using it for a couple of weeks I went back to Prepar3d and XP11 and used them for half an hour. Then uninstalled them both quickly. Could not put up with PS2 era graphics, scenery, invalid flight model and non-functional weather.

I’m willing to put up with whatever bug MSFS throws at me. I am happy just to be able to do basic IFR and VFR flights until the third party study level developers show up in a year or less.

Preparing my wallet for the Aerosoft CRJ and twin otters first.

6 Likes