We must increase the exposure to the fiasco caused by SU3

I think that we, as a community, need to increase the exposure of what has happened to MSFS because of SU3. It is becoming obvious that discussing it here in this forum is not yielding positive results. We can’t even get an official word from MS or Asobo on it.

I encourage us to take to social media and spread the word about this. Let it be known in Discord, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, wherever you can. If you have the ability to spread it to the gaming guys on youtube such as Jayz2cent, Gamers Nexus, Linus Tech Tips, please do so. This is what got Cyberpunk 2027 playable not long ago.

I do not encourage, nor will I be attacking or flooding any executives or companies. All I am suggesting is that we bring attention to this to areas outside of our own little space.

I don’t really know what else to do at this point.

1 Like

If only i knew what SU3 is.

1 Like

Sim Update 3

1 Like

At least they are already aware of the performance issues: [Issue] Performances issues

2 Likes

I think the only real pressure is going to be put on by people not buying 3rd party updates in the marketplace and other areas…money talks…once developers start to tell MS/Asobo that they cant keep wrecking the sim as it cost them on the bottom line then maybe we will get somewhere.

1 Like

I, for one, was surprised by both the performance hit and the time it took for Asobo to acknowledge it.

With that said, we all learn as we go forward. Asobo has the ticket system and the forums to get feedback…and they eventually got the message.

I suspect that they will be more sensitive in the future after updates to hear what may have broken for folks.

They got it, they are on it…so lets give them time to resolve the issue. They are certainly sincere in getting the sim right for folks.

8 Likes

I didn’t have any real issues with su3.

1 Like

Yes indeed, but they have had many opportunities to “learn” . They simply must look at some way for the user to roll back to a previous release, or to re-implement the beta branch so volunteers can identify issues BEFORE release.

QA is simply not working.

And before anyone chimes in and says how hard it would be (Server / client mismatch etc etc), Asobo are smart enough to find a way to make it happen, for the sake of their flagship product’s reputation, if not just for the general sanity of their loyal userbase.

1 Like

I believe that Asobo has all good intentions here. They don’t want their product to fail… and they certainly are not trying to make it worse… not on purpose. There are so many variables at play here. I too am seeing a performance hit, but I also know that they know about it… and are going to get to the bottom of it. When I bought FS2020, much like FSX years ago… I bought it with the expectation that it wasn’t going to be “really good” for the first year. This realistically should be everyone’s expectation when it comes to such a complicated piece of software.

3 Likes

Easy way to fix all your MSFS woes…become a streamer…it seems that streamers have perfect running high FPS and not glitches what so ever…problem solved

3 Likes

A rollback option would take so much heat out of the whole issue. XP allows the user to volunteer to install the latest beta and give feedback before it gets released. Surely Asobo could devise something similar. This would have to be a “win win” for all concerned.

Is SU3 some submarine

1 Like

Yeah. Collins class at the moment :rofl:

My first thought was…"the Russians did what?":rofl:

1 Like

Yes has anyone flown over Polyarny recently!!

Report it to the new york times… :roll_eyes:

Well, you could try one guy’s tactic: he spent 10,000 USD for a quarter page ad in the NY Times just to shame AT&T into delivering the first high speed connection in his neighborhood.

But he was wealthy retiree with too much time on his hands, the worst combination for any business sitting on their laurels. Not sure if that fits you, but hey, apparently money does buy happiness, at least then.

1 Like

My humble opinions.

#1. They may be trying to figure out how to resolve the problem without causing problems for those who are still working fine – even since the last update. We simply don’t know how many people out there are flying right now with no drops in performance. I haven’t noticed any problems, but I fly the Longitude at FL450 which clearly isn’t the same as some of you flying over cities.

#2. I have read in multiple forum entries that due to the nature of the sim, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Asobo to offer some type of rollback option, or an option to refuse an update. Whatever the case, I wish they would simply TELL US if this is true, because so many users have begged for some type of rollback option.

There is no need for any of this. The developers stated in the QA session that they’ve already identified and are fixing two issues affecting performance.

It’s anyone’s guess what those issues are, but most likely:

• Tree draw distance is still too high and is being lowered
  • Cloud render quality is too high and is being reverted to reintroduce pixelated grain and glowing outlines.

:wink:

1 Like

As stated by @SkipTalbot above and in the closing remarks here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/what-do-you-call-a-software-company-that-release-multiple-updates-without-testing/379552/222

Thank you for the feedback.

3 Likes