We need a multiplayer voice - chat option

also an optinam voice chat channel should be there as well, for example people in the 100km range or something like that

1 Like

Really, more than anything else this would add TONS of entertainment value to the Sim. :grin:

Just being able to say hi to fellow simmers, congratulating them on a smooth landing etc.

Hope the developers get round to this soon.

1 Like

Local chat would be nice, maybe add it to a tablet like Carenado puts in their planes if we want to keep the realism factor going. Maybe limit the range to players within X NM of you.

That’s a crappy answer bro. ■■■■.

Two things I could see.

1. Unicom frequency voice/text chat with a very limited range so you can coordinate at busy airports. Blacklisting/auto-banning would need to be implemented to keep the trolls at bay.

2. Better xBox integration. It would be great if you could just click on a gamertag in the sky and get a submenu to invite to chart if that player allows it.

I’ve flown with some random people and then friended them on Xbox but its a cumbersome manual process.

4 Likes

Great idea regarding the “invite to chat” option.

1 Like

Add the ability to message friends from within the sim when they are online.

1 Like

Apparently you can send messages to other A320 FBW users now. FBW put out a tutorial.

2 Likes

The lack of a chat funtion is really sad but for me there are some others improvements necessary first. But let’s vote it up :smiley:

1 Like

Dar MSFS Team!

Please give us a tool to Chat together from Airplaine to Airplane with our shown Name. So we can get in contact directly at near airspace or at the same Airport so we can get friendships there. And give us a UNICOM frequency maybe 122.8) to get the possibility to chat. That would be a nice tool to get closer to other Sim-Pilots!

2 Likes

What i can’t understand is there was a chat in the last Microsoft flight and it worked brilliant

I was thinking the same thing someone did up above about the unicom channel. Maybe when you’re in a particular regional control area, you have the ability to change immediately to unicom and have chat from everyone there

The simmers I know are using Discord for this. Makes sense because you can chat with a group that has similar interests as you, depending on what channel you are using.

1 Like

…but there is no chance to get in contact with a pilot you actual see in the sim at your location. When there would be a chat function then you can get in contact imeadietly and can talk in a UNICOM frequency of your choice. And there is also a UNICOM frequency in VATSIM (122.8) to inform the traffic around you about your intensions when there is no active ATC - very helpful specially at small uncontrolled Airports.

2 Likes

I’m not implying that Discord is a better solution for communicating with other players. Just offering a solution.

1 Like

you should never ATL + Tab out, it’s Left Alt + enter

One step futher… Enable ALL COM Frequencies,
Make 123.45 a known common calling freq
Make Radio Range simplified Line of sight (ie Ignore Terrain-- at least at first because that is very complex)

Of course, there is always DISCORD (or even Teamspeak)

On both of those there are addon program that can create Radio Freq Channels as required, and remove them when no longer in use … ( For Discord : Very Cool Hy !!! )

1 Like

It’s a bit more complicated than that, see here - Technique: What's the frequency? - AOPA. Seems like a bit of a mess IRL. As much I’d love to see it implemented, I don’t think it would work, either because people wouldn’t know to use it, or would be constantly stepping on each other, or just trying to ruin everyone elses experience - it only takes one.

I think a system similar to wings in Elite Dangerous would work well, but with more than 3 people of course lol.

That’s why there should also be an option to ignore the 12 year olds who want to scream into their microphone or blast their music.

I would love to have voice chat built into the sim, but if their wasn’t a way to ignore the 12 year olds, I wouldn’t use it.

2 Likes

Nope.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xbox+live+chat+rage

3 Likes