We need gloves

To the developers Teams out there!

We need accurate gloves to interact with the cockpit knobs AND to Asobo please hurry up with a new better running VR version :slight_smile: It must be possible to fly without stuttering in high quality levels

Cheers

11 Likes

Lol, I was thinking the same thing yesterday about the gloves.

1 Like

Instead of such nonsensical and clumsy controllers as they are currently accompany :smiley:

1 Like

My google-fu tells me this kind of tech is in the dev phase. But it could be something that pushes me over to VR.

1 Like

Well. I flew for 6 months in 2D. I bought a used headset. I don’t want to miss VR anymore. There is no way back. Even without gloves. :joy:…but they have to come.

3 Likes

You didn’t take your gloves off for saying this :joy:

1 Like

typing :rofl: heatet gloves please! - Paraglide in wintertime - blue fingers :smiley:

I’m new here, and have used the previous flight sim with vr, and I could interact with “leap” it worked great! these gloves you speak of,.is that what you mean? Has anyone heard about leap being available within FS’20 ?

Yes x 1000000, at least â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  like ctrlpoint in DCS. But gloves would be the best, VR instantly becomes the most immersive and cheapest solution of owning every home cockpit there is. Gloves are a must.

Leap motion sucks in VR, it’s not precise enough.

2 Likes

i don´t know ctrlpoint. But we need some good light accurate gloves!

■■■■■■ right. It’s cold out there!

Seriously, though, I agree with everything you are saying. Gloves and optimisation. I still want to use joysticks/throttles as well though. I wouldn’t want to sim entirely with the VR controllers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve managed to wrangle some good performance and with my HOTAS setup, lack of gloves right now isn’t a massive issue for me. However incase Asobo are listening I certainly support both initiatives! :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Yes in any case. The gloves can never replace the joystick. But they can make the interaction with the glass cockpit or the buttons much more imersive. It would be cool to see the hand around the stick. You could also combine the “View Reset” with the spacebar directly with the joystick. You put your hand around the joystick, take the correct position and press spacebar.

I had used the leap hand interaction in the last fs, but no mention of it in the forums, I had good success with it, and I think it would be stellar with the new flight sim.

Here is an interview on german with the “head of Flight Simulator” Jörg Neuman:

You can translate it witrh deepl.com

Flight Simulator 2020 VR: Handtracking ist ein Langzeit-Ziel (mixed.de)

PlayStation / Sony have glove prototype for vr its a shame because ps5 could run this sim with bells on. would love so see one day

Quest 2 doesn’t even need gloves. It’s able to track your hands and you can interact and control menus by pinching your fingers. Actually works pretty well too and I am sure something like this could be implemented to operate switches and knobs. Wish I could get better performance in VR but idk I don’t like having to turn the quality almost all the way down to get good performance.

1 Like

Yeah i saw it, but have to wear/hold the big controllers. So on the left hand you have the controller and with the right hand you control the joystick i guess. But if there is a throttle stick also, then it´s maybe annoying with a clunky controller on your hand. So i think they need to make very thin and accurate gloves :slight_smile: I use Reverb G1, the controllers sucks. i don´t like them at all, and luckely we can use the MSFS with the mouse and memorized keyboard control…:smiley: tricky sometimes, but it works ok!

1 Like

Now Asobo needs to make it work intuitive in the sim.

The price is fair enough:

It’s on Asobo to implement it cool and smart.

We don’t need the gloves to see the mousepointer in the vr world. To use / implement all 10 fingers, should be a tough work. The hardware joystick is a must. Pedals and throttle also. With 10 fingers you can control intuitive the knobs, switches and the glascockpit. Eventually you can scratch your head also in vr if your lost on the taxiways in Atlanta KATL :joy: