We really need a way to toggle these functions from keyboard

I would add to that list the gates that show you the traffic pattern. I found these invaluable when I was first getting started, but would rather have capability to toggle them. Also, I would add a toggle for the POI & airport markers. POI markers are great to help you find something, but you might want to take a screenshot of said POI without the marker in the way.

Another vote here for mappings for the GNS530 and 1000 knobs.

2 Likes

All the softbuttons and knobs on the g1000 need to be bindable.

Please upvote here!

On/off HUD

1 Like

Mind posting that link to the mod? I’m very interested in that.

Gave it a quick test & couldn’t get it working. Need to try again after removing square brackets from the folder name, just in case it doesn’t like those.

i know everyone hates the ATC but… the ability to map up/down/select so one can scroll the menu choices would be nice.
right now there is only one-one button mapping, ie, choice 1 to button1, choice2 to button2 and so forth…
would be awesome to be able to map a 4 way POV switch to scroll the menu. …so I don’t have to let go of the HOTAS/joystick just to use the mouse.

4 Likes

Didnt see any problem with sqare brackets. It’s work on my computer. But anyway you can try to removing

1 Like

Yes! G1000 knobs. Difficult to adjust with turbulence and impossible with Trackir. I have rigged a touchscreen raspberri pi to send keyboard commands to the sim, but some are just not available.

1 Like

G1000/3000 button bind would be awesome. Never thought of that when I made my opening post.

I just received a Logitech Multi-Panel yesterday so I can finally operate my AP without having to resort to mouse clicks and it’s great (although it lacks FLC function :frowning: ) , but I’d love to be able to interact with the Garmin units from my keyboard instead of the screen. Ditto for radios as well. I know Logitech make the radio stacks as well, but not sure I really want to drop money on that as well. I’m not really looking at making a cockpit. Just looking for easier ways to interact with the sim.

But great ideas in this thread guys.

2 Likes

Humble suggestion:

For voting on these recommended toggles, should we separate them? I’d love to able to vote YES on some of of the great ideas in this thread, but maybe not all of them. Also, the individual voting might make things easier, and maybe even faster, for Asobo to implement. Of course, the downside would be lots of threads, but if they are titled properly, it should be easy.

Redeye

2 Likes

I created a wishlist item for ATC selection awhile ago. Hasnt gained much traction tho. Please upvote below.

I have The ‘Plus’ and ‘Minus’ mapped to the nub on top of the logitech extreme 3D. I assigned activate FLC mode, as well as control FLC mode with Plus/Minus to Ctrl-Shift-S. Similar for VS mode but with Ctrl-shift-W. Ctrl-shift-A to select the altitude dial for Plus/Minus. Ctrl-H to select heading, Ctrl-N to select next nav point. And the heading bug is assigned to left and right of the nub on the flightstick. That way I can fully operate AP without ever needing to use the mouse or cockpit.

You can also control the radios that way, just got to remember wat Plus and Minus are currently set to so you don’t mess up the wrong thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added MOD to toggling

what is headphone mode ?

Actually someone on another thread suggested what I think would really be awesome- when you hover over an autopilot or gps function the panel freezes i.e. does not move/shake in turbulence etc. It is really hard to adjust anything right now with the mouse once in the air.

in that case i use active pause

It simulates you wearing a pilot’s noise cancelling headphones. You hear the radio and some radio noise and just a light hum of the engine. I actually prefer flying that way. Less hard on the ears and easier to hear ATC.

But when it comes to starting planes, especially turboprops, it’s nice to be able to hear the sound to make sure all is well.

huh I guess i may have to try that , Ive been just turning down the volume,

Active pause is risky. The plane doesn’t really pause. For instance, If you are descending you will keep on descending and when you exit active pause you will be lower. If you are headed towards a mountain you will hit it. That is not the best solution.