We really need a way to toggle these functions from keyboard

I created a wishlist item for ATC selection awhile ago. Hasnt gained much traction tho. Please upvote below.

I have The ‘Plus’ and ‘Minus’ mapped to the nub on top of the logitech extreme 3D. I assigned activate FLC mode, as well as control FLC mode with Plus/Minus to Ctrl-Shift-S. Similar for VS mode but with Ctrl-shift-W. Ctrl-shift-A to select the altitude dial for Plus/Minus. Ctrl-H to select heading, Ctrl-N to select next nav point. And the heading bug is assigned to left and right of the nub on the flightstick. That way I can fully operate AP without ever needing to use the mouse or cockpit.

You can also control the radios that way, just got to remember wat Plus and Minus are currently set to so you don’t mess up the wrong thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added MOD to toggling

what is headphone mode ?

Actually someone on another thread suggested what I think would really be awesome- when you hover over an autopilot or gps function the panel freezes i.e. does not move/shake in turbulence etc. It is really hard to adjust anything right now with the mouse once in the air.

in that case i use active pause

It simulates you wearing a pilot’s noise cancelling headphones. You hear the radio and some radio noise and just a light hum of the engine. I actually prefer flying that way. Less hard on the ears and easier to hear ATC.

But when it comes to starting planes, especially turboprops, it’s nice to be able to hear the sound to make sure all is well.

huh I guess i may have to try that , Ive been just turning down the volume,

Active pause is risky. The plane doesn’t really pause. For instance, If you are descending you will keep on descending and when you exit active pause you will be lower. If you are headed towards a mountain you will hit it. That is not the best solution.

There’s also another sound option so that you can play radio comms through a headset, but all the other plane and world sounds over external speakers. That would be useful for someone with a home cockpit, I guess. Would add to the realism for sure. I just like headphone mode.

Disable AP before using active pause and usually it’s fine. AP continues to work even when active pause is on.

well i know the plane keeps moving with active pause on but it will keep your panel from moving but i got to point out if u think active pasue will kill you while changing a simple setting then maybe you ought not to be making changes at that time in any event ?

Very true. Then again, how many planes, in real life, have silicon lubricant on all the switches and knobs so your hand keeps slipping off of them? That’s what it seems like here!

what i do in my plane is my business, hehe

1 Like

?? How does autopilot affect the plane moving forward? Disabling it might stop it from changing alt or hdg, if you are correct, but you will still hit that mountain. :crazy_face:

I don’t know, but I know it does. I’ve used active pause to move the drone around many times before and explore the world in a way I can’t with the plane. Only ever had an issue when I left the AP on. It continues flying even though the pause is on, but does so without sensor input to the plane. When you switch back into the plane, it won’t be a good time.

Hey- this is a public forum! Behave yourself
 :smiley:

I’ll have to try your theory

Would also be good and realistic to be able to toggle between rudder and steering especially on airliners, just like in P3D ( using the “T” key assigned to tail hook).