Weather Accuracy: Slow Moving weather systems versus Faster / "Pop up" Isolated Storms

Brief description of the issue:

The inaccuracy of weather being reported by most everyone is likely due to how MSFS depicts the weather in the simulator comparing a slow moving weather system (more accuracy) versus an afternoon/isolated thunderstorm or fast moving weather system (much less accuracy, however accurate location - see below)… For example, if one flies into an area with “pop up” sudden thunderstorms such as those found on a summer afternoon (more isolated and not necessarily part of a larger weather “system” that is moving from one area of a country to another) - this is where the simulator weather is failing the most, and I believe where most of the inaccurate weather reports are being generated by.

For these “faster moving / pop up thunderstorm” scenarios it is apparent that the studio have tried to correct the “clear weather lightning bug” by injecting a high cloud layer that is trying to show a thunderstorm, but the “rest of the storm” fails. I am seeing lightning in an area of pop up thunderstorms where they should be, but unfortunately something is not linking up right with the towering cumulonimbus and there are no clouds between lower altitude and high up and no rain - just a layer around 30,000 feet that is about 1,000 feet thick with lightning all over the place. It is what I believe to be a bug.

Now with a slower moving weather system and embedded thunderstorms, the simulator is depicting those very nicely! Look for a slower moving system such as those shown on the pre flight map and start a flight there. These systems are much more accurate.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Picture below shows where I am flying very near a “pop up” thunderstorm, and although there is lightning where it is expected to be (look at radar on bottom area of screen) - there are no towering cumulus - just a somewhat thick layer of stratus type clouds around 30,000 feet… Now if Asobo could just fix this by injecting the towering cumulus and expected rain into this area, I think we would be much “closer” in these type of faster “in and out” storms!

Hold on! I just found THIS thread: [BUG LOGGED] Live weather not accurate? give this trick a try!

And need to do some testing because perhaps this is the fix! Thank you @ utd4life12!!!

I think we’ve always suspected that there was some issues with the timing of the weather injection after a certain time Live Weather Does Not Match - #166 by errorhasoccured - but utd4life12 could very well have put the puzzle pieces together!