Weather degradation

I think they both simplified the code and realized what was there prior wasn’t realistic to any sort of spatiotemporal reality other than a nice visual representation of various cloud types.

I’d like the latter back, too, and I think it can be done, but my guess is they ran into limitations of existing code and capacity.

I agree with that. The thing is they rushed su7 update. And the biggest misstake were to not add the new system as an optional feature until it were perfect.

Hope they make us all happy in the end. I think it’s good that there is users that both want accuracy and visually correct weather :slight_smile:

The thing that worries me, the devs do not mention much about their work on weather. What i know is that they are working on tornadoes and storms. Thats all i know for now.

1 Like

Maybe you are correct. I’m not sure, to me it feels more like a quick fix to please those users that expected more accuracy.

I think the current system we have now will be in MSFS 2024 as well. Maybe opened up for 3rd party devs.

1 Like

Nonsense. You really think these guys are sitting in a conference room trying to brainstorm features for MSFS2024, and one guy says “By Golly, I’ve got it!” “We can intentionally downgrade some things in the current sim, and then bring them back as New Features!”

There’s likely a far more logical & practical explanation.

exactly that, though most certainly not with that wording and not i a sense that gets downgraded (besides SU5-7 to make it run on a mesly xbox.) but to just stop optimising and developing it further to a point that it gets abandoned.
and thats in software and all things made and in the capitalist society a given, since there is no such thing as indefint growth. and now it gets philosopical. :rofl: :crazy_face: well and looking at the world as a whole, very real.

when it comes to live weather, it seem, and i never expect of MS/Asobo to come clear of the how and why, it just sometimes gets it right to the point that i matches the weather when you look out the window and sometimes it is a pattery pixelated mess.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything that looks like those bottom 3 examples in years. Weird.

i’d say: lucky you.
i fear that all this, the bad texture resolution, performance degradation, bad/wrong depicted weather and so forth is directly connected to the “online” functionality of the sim to some extend and having not the 100% perfect connection to the MS servers (routing, ping, ISP choice) will just extend the problem, hearing that the FS2024 will put the game even more into the “cloud”.
disabeling the online features leaves you basically with FSX, with FS2024 you maybe wont be even able to start the sim without any online features. So this sim/game will be just a streaming game with all it’s flawes. The biggest one being that MS can decide wether you will be able to play it at all.

back to the weather, the first two shots are within the last two weeks taken, the other two before that. I for myself think only ever saw something similar before SU4/5

these are from today and the last few days

thats the usual response to such statements or they call it a conspiracy theory but I have been in enough boardrooms and you would be disgusted with the stuff said behind closed doors compared to public appearances.

1 Like

Well I don’t know what board rooms you’ve been in, but I’ve never heard anything remotely similar in my career. And yes, it is absolutely a ludicrous conspiracy theory by definition as you have no way of knowing or verifying what you’re claiming. A much more plausible explanation would be that they’ve run into limitations with the sim engine, or even contractual obligations with their partners that MSFS2024 would resolve.

1 Like

exactly we are not sure but there is hope that 2024 will improve the weather so you will buy it to check it out for yourself. thats all they need you to do.

1 Like

I’m still waiting to get what i bought back in su 13. If not, i see no point buying 2024 even if they advertise improvments, it can change into something different in the first su for 2024. I see no value in that kind of software. That makes me stay here on the forum more than enjoy the product i bought.

12 Likes

SU13? I am still waiting for what SU5 destroyed to be brought back.

12 Likes

While it certainly wasn’t without its problems, live weather in merely the same month of release at minimum had accurate thunderstorms, high-level clouds, cloud tops, etc., minus the live winds initially. I agree with the concept of going back to some part of what we got initially.

5 Likes

The thing that irritates me the most is that they trashed the old system that i bought instead of adding the new system i didn’t bought as an optional feature. I never asked Asobo to trash the old system. I know many asked for more accuracy, but why the need to destroy the old system for those who liked that system?

Can’t see an optional featue as a bad thing.

I bet they never had optional features in their plans for live-weather and thats why the old system is hard to implement as an option now and may be a lost feature.

5 Likes

Just horrible and totally unrealistic. Please Asobo improve the clouds.

8 Likes

It’s kinda realistic for a volcanic eruption…

3 Likes

Or England… in the summer. No joke unfortunately.

1 Like

Another from my latest flight. I just don’t understand how anyone can say it looks good. It looks awful.

14 Likes

I believe the word is “dramatic” :slight_smile:

Absolutely nothing for weather in SU13 BETA - as expected.

15 Likes