Weather degradation

Definitely no improvements here and sadly, I’m still getting cartoon looking, ash cloud, apocalyptic CB clouds.

In reality, there was just flat, grey overcast, typical UK weather.

4 Likes

It is such a shame that the sim can’t do those anymore. Its one of my favorite weather conditions (peaceful and kinda sad somehow). They could produce everything from higher altitude light grey to slightly thicker and a bit darker blue grey or a mixed appearance but they seem to insist on ultra dark and heavy very low hanging clouds.

2 Likes

That’s my country you’re talking about! You must have first-hand experience :rofl:

1 Like

Yesterday it matched, albeit with some weirdness over EGQK.

I think Asobo prioritize to get the accuracy perfect over the look of weather. The question is what the users preffer the most? I think that varies much. Some can accept some inaccuracy if the weather actually looks like weather. Some can accept weather looks bad if the weather is accurate. I wonder when they will make both type of users happy?

I do not expect any changes of the weather in su13 because they didn’t mention any changes of the weather system in su13. What we had before su13 is what we have after su13.

I think “inconsistent” is a good word to describe the weather system overall.

If they changed something in the weather system in su13 it would be really good if they mention those changes. If not, it’s only speculations. I want facts to be able to test those changes properly.

2 Likes

I find I see this kind of sky perhaps once or twice out of ten times when it should be present. Rather than it being consistent, as it used to be pre-su5, it’s now the exception rather than the norm - that’s my personal belief. You may have different experiences which is fine, but it doesn’t invalidate my comments either. The sim just can not do totally flat horizon to horizon overcast any more and I find it a real shame.

7 Likes

The custom Weather engine can do full overcast (see below screenshot), the issue is with the Live Weather engine that has been modified (or MB data reduced) and cannot render as it used to.
Floyds Epic Clouds: Altostratus - 8’8:

5 Likes

This is still a very important issue.

7 Likes

Apparently not to the team / Jorg. It’s not at the top of the feedback snapshot as he said in the recent Q&A. That after he went on about how super important weather was years ago. Now it’s not even on the list. On top of that they are having lavish Dune parties using our money while we wait patiently for an update on the weather.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dune Expansion and Atreides Royal Ornithopter

FYI, The Bugs - Lifetime slide in the March 14th Development Update shows live weather as “Ongoing…”:

It’s a shame they didn’t put more effort into getting thunderstorms right.

Right now, EHBK metar shows thunderstorms, but loading in the sim there’s none. Just dark clouds and some rain in the distance.

METAR: EHBK 021825Z AUTO 25008KT 220V290 9000 TSRA FEW002 SCT004 BKN015CB 14/13 Q1002 BECMG SHRA TS FEW030CB TEMPO 4000

4 Likes