Weather like pre su7 if you fly before 8AM uk time. Photos and video provided on link inside

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

have none

Brief description of the issue:
I am moving copying this topic from the beta forum to this one so it can be seen and tested by everyone.

"has anybody trying flying early in the morning? I have been back from night shifts and jump straight into the sim at 7 AM, And I find the weather in game being stunning like pre su 7…then after 8am or before 9 am uk time I can se it switches back to what we know so far. Anybody experience this or tried to fly early in the morning? what’s the reason anyway? the only thing I can make sense of is data? the sim is very well capable of representing clouds layer as it did pre su 7 so why does it switch to a worse display of clouds just before 9am? (here in the uk at least)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

fly before 8AM UK time

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

original topic on the beta forum

Hi there,

Are you on the current SU9 build?

I want to add this post into the bug report. The weather is the same before and after the switch. The only thing that changes is the clouds to be split apart into puffs of clouds. This must be a bug. Happening every morning for me. Amazing looking weather pre that switch, after it looks just generic and broken apart. May happen several times but at 07:06Z i’ve marked as one specific time.

1 Like

testing beta for su10

1 Like

Why were it closed as bug report? This is for sure a bug/issue.

You can ask the moderators of the forum at @moderators

To All:
A message was sent to the OP.

You can only have one topic (no duplicates) on the forum. When the Beta ends and a topic is not moved into Bugs (but rather archives) sometime after the Beta, send a message to @moderators to have a look to see if the topic can moved out of archive.

However, all bugs and regressions introduced by the Beta, needs to stay in the Beta forum.

1 Like

Can confirm that this happens exactly like described. I also witnessed this bug at a different time of day, close to LKPR, if I remember correctly at around 13:00 Zulu.

This would fit with the guess of the old thread that this behaviour has something to do with the 6 Hour Meteoblue update cycle.

I swear OP, if you single-handedly bring back pre SU7 clouds by noticing an obscure bug I will come to your home and hug your feet.

3 Likes

This thread should be moved in the weather bugs forum since this is clearly a bug. Maybe this is the bug that triggered all the main complaints about weather regression with SU7.

4 Likes

Closed by OP request.

Continue to use this topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/weather-like-pre-su7-before-8-am-uk-time-photos-provided/537171