Weather Option on Toolbar

No. Multiplayer is turned off.

At first I turned on the Multiplayer option in the option menu but turned it off in the Worldmap. And the weather option reappeared. Then I turned off the multiplayer option in the option menu (didn’t have to change the worldmap option because multiplayer is not active) and the weather option was still there. So I am assuming it was a patch fix because now it is working in various scenarios with different options chosen.

In all scenarios I started with custom weather in the worldmap not live weather.

Just to be clear, no matter what I do the weather slider remains off in the drop down tool bar, this was not the case before the patch, so I cannot change the weather in the flight mode. Multiplayer is off etc, previously I could even select live weather in this mode and this would work. Very frustrating! I have logged this with Zendesk

I’ve no idea in that case. Both locked live weather, and preset live weather, where I can change the weather as well as time, were working well enough for me last night.

Unfortunately your problem seems like a bug in the simulator. It works for some people and not others. The patch both fixed it and broke it. When I had the problem I did want a fix but also gained some comfort when I knew other people had the same problem. These problem are not always user error and there is some comfort in knowing that.

It doesn’t solve the problem but know that you are not alone.

1 Like

Thanks all comments appreciated!

It’s ironic that the vfr map can now be opened in flight from the toolbar without crashing the game but now I cannot open the weather tool which spoils game play!

Im the same, worked before now not at all. Doing my nut in. It was useful for making videos of day time and night time flights over Glasgow

GOT it to work, turned ON multi player, go into flight options and clicked “multi player group only” so basically turned off. Worked for me

Same problem as the original poster. Reported in zendesk.

Make sure you’re not on ‘live multiplayer’ if you want to be able to change the weather.

Thanks. The problem happened with multiplayer off. I tried with all online options disabled. Its a bug.
For anyone looking for an solution what worked for me was
Eneable multiplayer in the options, but in the flight plan map settings select group only

2 Likes

I ran into this today as I was playing multiplayer for the first time yesterday. It seems the key is that the multiplayer options in flight plan map need to be set to “Group Only”. If you have turned multiplayer off in Options/Data, you will need to turn it back on, then change the settings in flight map to “Group Only”, after which you can go back to Options/Data and turn multiplayer off. Thanks to @Kano795 for posting the solution.

2 Likes

Weather in-game worked fine. I tried Multiplayer and at 19 FPS I gave up.
Now I cannot adjust the weather in the game from the dropdown menu.

Another bug that really needs to get fixed!

In Multiplayer turn it off, not in Multiplayer turn it on.
Simple like 1,0 or y,n or on, off, etc.

If you can’t change the weather there are two likely causes:

You are using Live players.
You have loaded an .FLT file to continue a save flight.