Weather Option on Toolbar

When I am in a plane I am not able to change the weather. When I go to the toolbar (top of screen dropdown) the weather option is listed under custom but is grayed out and checked off. Is there a way to turn this back on or did Microsoft eliminate this option?

Hi, make sure that you’re not in real time multiplayer because in this mod you can’t change the weather durig flight.

1 Like

Were you trying to edit live weather ? Make sure you select another preset. Then you can edit.

This is so buggy
Whenever I change the clouds, it’s freezing for a few seconds
When I save it, it’s freezing and I need to restart the game

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about. I have multiplayer turned off, using AI air traffic, and used a custom weather preset. Still no luck.

You have the top option of traffic, on the main menu where you configure your flight, set to Live Players, and not All Players, or Group.

It stops you from tinkering with the weather so that all players are seeing the same weather.

No I have multiplayer turned off. Here is that screenshot.

I still get the grayed out weather option.

I thought the toolbar may have had too many options so I turned off a bunch. Still the same problem.

Not sure when this started but it did work at some point early on.

Did you load a flight by any chance?
AFAIK, at the moment you can’t change the weather after loading a flight.

2 Likes

This nonsense BUG need to be solved so quickly, waiting for fix from beginning…

Yes, that’s the other way I forgot about. If you load a .FLT file, not a .PLN file, the weather is locked to what is in the file.

No these flights are all made in the main worldview map.

Unfortunately, its typically “quick Bug fixes”, (without adequate re-testing ) that lead to additional major system issues. - like CTD etc

Personally, I would much prefer Asobo to take their time, and get it right, than a lot of hasty “quick fixes”, that will probably end up with the whole Card House collapsing,

This is really early days, and unless Asobo build a firm foundation of robust programming, the future will not be so rosy.

What is done now, will largely dictate the direction that MSFS will travel - a long term evolving Sim, or a bright flash, and a quick burn out.

1 Like

Did you ever find an answer? I’ve been having the same exact problem for a few weeks now and I’ve never used multiplayer so that “fix” won’t work for me either

No this is still an issue. None of the suggestions worked for me. It is interesting though that it only impacts some people and not all.

Well, I got it working again last night, but I had to enable multiplayer which has a pretty dramatic effect on my FPS with all the other players zooming around

Going to try a fresh install later and see if that does anything

Yesterday I installed the latest patch and then for the first time I tried multiplayer. I now have lost the weather option on the drop down tool bar! I have disabled multiplayer but still can’t get the weather option back which I found a very useful tool! I can only assume this is a result of the patch!

I also note that the weather activation slider in the customise the toolbar drop down is greyed out and can’t be moved!

Two reasons.

1. When you started your flight, you had live weather, and live only traffic. You cannot change the weather, ensuring all players are seeing the same thing.
  2. You loaded a flight, not a PLN but an FLT. That locks your session to what was in that saved session.

Outside of a new bug, they are the only reasons I know.

I think it was a patch fix because after the update my weather option is working for me in a variety of scenarios.

Are you on multiplayer? In that mode you don’t be able to change the weather.