Weather presets and customization options greyed out

I am unable to select any weather preset or customization options. Live weather is turned off. When I try to select a weather preset or customize the weather, those options are greyed out. I purchased SoFly Weather Preset Pro and weather options in it are likewise greyed out. No help from Microsoft (surprise, surprise!). Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

My system:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Version 1.30.12.0
Windows 10 Home Ver.

DESKTOP-KV1DN86 AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 core processor 3.90 GHz 64 GB RAM Device ID CD5B588F-21B5-4BA7-82D4-CC98B8BB047A
Monitors (1) DELL S3219D 32" LCD (2) LG FULLHD analog
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
DELL S3219D High Definition Audio
HP Windows Mixed Reality headset VR3000-0XXX HP Reverb G2
G203 LIGHTSYNC Gaming Mouse
USB Keyboard Red Dragon KARURA2 Model K502RGB Serial RDK502RGB20061500969
Honeycomb Alpha Flight controller
Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant
Logitech Flight Rudder pedals
Generic X-Box controller

Might give this a try:
If you had “live weather” turned on in the “data” options, and “live players” turned on in the “flight conditions”, make sure after you turn off “live weather” in the “data” option, you click on “all players” in the “flight conditions” and wait a little bit. The weather options should then change back to where you can click on the “preset” or “custom” boxes and then be able to make changes if using the “custom” box.
Hope that works for you.
Regards

2 Likes

Exactly the same problem for me, only I’m on xBox. I too purchased the SoFly WPP but haven’t been able to use it for ages, it’s live weather only. Tried everything setting wise I think to no avail :frowning: The only way I got it to work again was to get xBox live for a few hours and it came back to life, but I don’t want xBox live and shouldn’t have to have it :frowning:
I don’t appear to have an “all players” option in “flight conditions”, maybe that’s just a PC thing :confused:

Thank you this worked for me!

1 Like