Weather radar still doesn’t automatically update on Xbox after SU

Repro steps

1.- spawn at any airport
2.- change weather to storm
3.- turn on wx radar
4.- takeoff
5.- watch ND

I already tried 4 times and it doesn’t work. I have waited more than 3min before changing the ND range to see if it updates but it doesn’t. As i mentioned before, looks like now it only updates when changing ND range

2 Likes

Bug was logged based on change in tag.

5 Likes

Same for me on XBox series X A320 I noticed that the mode switch is set to manual and not Auto update.

2 Likes

Same here, after mid beta update no weather radar update. NEXRAD isn’t working either.

1 Like

Just fly in the Cessna 172 with the G1000 or G530, NEXRAD is not working on both on Xbox but is working on PC. Weather Radar as a whole is broken on Xbox since almost a year now i guess. Maybe it never worked to begin with.

3 Likes

Just a question but what’s the difference between mode system 1 and 2 switch and the wx, wx+t and turb modes knob on the bottom panel?

All of these show weather radar, so curious what the difference is.

Thanks

Can we expect a fix for this issue in WU9? Or anytime soon?

1 Like

Doesn’t work since xbox release.

2 Likes

Same issue in the Citation Longitude. When you open the radar, it will display the radar return however it does not update over time, you have to switch out of the radar like to the map or something and open it back up to see another ‘snapshot’ of the radar return. I remember before the radar’s behavior was it would update in like a sweeping pattern back and forth over time. Now it just shows the initial return snapshot and does not update ever. You have to close the radar screen and bring it back up

Any news? How is it in the beta? Does it work finaly?

1 Like

Any news? It could be cool if any developer can give us an update on what is preventing the Xbox to use the wx radar

1 Like

The radar works on PC at this time

Weather radar has never worked on Xbox in any aircraft and it still doesn’t.

4 Likes

can confirm it’s working on pc while doesn’t on xbox. Did this bug has been oficially addressed lately?

Any updates? It is going to be fixed in SU10?

2 Likes

Why on earth do we have to open zendesk tickets, which get closed as resolved – not because the issue is resolved but because internally it is in a “don’t care” state… so now we have to find and vote for board posts, in hopes that if enough people vote it gets put to a “we care” state?

Here is some development 1010 free advice – when you break a feature, that’s bad and you should care. It should be a priority. Period.

1 Like

Well at least you’re not missing too much, since flying into a red area on the radar has absolutely no effect on the plane whatsoever, no turbulence, no stress, making the radar a complete gimmick. Fly into a hurricane if you like, nothing will happen.

With SU10 beta is now working! Just tested and now it auto updates!

4 Likes

But the nexrad and the vertical weather radar still show nothing.

3 Likes

I purchased the embraer xz, be it on the ground, in the air,. anywhere… Nothing. Just shows the pink ils marker and that’s all it shows.
Saw it also says “terrain” on a button and that doesn’t work either. I’ve seen a picture of a working weather radar in msfs but between my Airbus “fleet” from 318,319, 320 I haven’t seen the weather work on those either.

Just kinda wish something as major as a weather radar was functional on these planes and it is fairly important.

Am I missing a step or turning it on wrong? The display has a row of clicka me buttons on top and bottom (touchscreen buttons) that say weather, and the. Off to the right side there’s a button that when you hover over it says show terrain on display.

Neither work so please please help me out.