Weather WIND speed is x2 in Weather setup menu

If you look at the wind speed (in Knots) you are setting in the weather setup screen, it is X2 the wind speed reported by :

1. The simconnect variable
  2. The Airspeed indicator in the plane (if pointing straight into the wind)

This would tend to indicated that the slider in the Weather setup interface is calibrated to read twice as high as what it is setting.

===
It has been like this for ever.
Only recently, I also looked at the simconnect variable, and confirmed that that value matched the plane’s airspeed indicator, so conclude that the Weather Setup UI, has it’s windspeed range not set correctly.

Should be an easy one to fix, and make sure that this is really what is wrong.

Note: 100 knots is 51 Meters/sec ALSO a factor of 2, so maybe its some mess up with the Units ???

As for the rest of the weather system, I am beginning to wonder “whether the weather” will ever be fixed.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unable to add wind layer + wrong windspeed

4 votes have been moved. 2 votes could not be moved because their users already voted in the other topic.

This issue has been a “mess” (TCF) even since before the release of MSFS, and was reported during pre-release Beta testing.

Seems now to be a case of “You cannot get a leopard to change its spots”
The more it gets messed with, the more broken it gets !!

After a time, one just moves on … as nothing the consumer has done , or can do, seems to change the outcome. – NOT for want of trying !!
(Its only a game )

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not just a game. It’s a tool for some like me, trying to use this new environment for simulator study. An older sim (Prep3d) still unfortunately seems more suitable for that still…

1 Like

100% agree, … What I meant was, after spending so much time trying to get it fixed, and being driven to a state of total frustration with the process of trying to get anything (that is just not cosmetic) , fixed in MSFS, one has to revert to just telling oneself that “it is only a game” and there are far more important things in life, or one would be driven crazy with the frustration. !!

I, like you, want to use MSFS a a Training & Practice Tool, and unfortunately, you are correct – other sims , in many cases, are more suitable for that purpose.

I am not ready to give up on MSFS - as such issue will have to get better, if MSFS is to move forward.

2 Likes

Is the issue you are reporting not the same than this existing thread ?: Unable to add wind layer + wrong windspeed

Yup seems like it. Feel free to merge @moderators

This topic was closed as a similar one has more traction and was logged.