Weight and Balance window error

Addition:
The problem seems to occur when you enter a zero = 0 somewhere in the weights. If you simply enter two zeros instead, i.e. 00, the individual input works for me.

Maybe this helps one or the other.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When deleting the values in any line of the WEIGHT AND BALANCE page it changes to NaN and then manually setting it to zero does not effect the CG.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Select any aircraft. Go to the WEIGHT AND BALANCE page. Delete the value in any line.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Reported in SU8.

Yes

If you do this while in game at an airport, it will very easily cause the game to end by over weighting the aircraft. IE: you enter 2900 pounds it will automatically add an extra zero, making it 29000 pounds

The main issue is the fuel affects the payload values.

I did find this mentioned here, https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/in-flight-w-b-dialog-bug/497648 but as the beta sections are locked down, bringing it up again.

Also noting that what are percentage numbers to the right of the the sliders for the fuel tanks are missing a percent symbol that used to be there.

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

No

The In-Flight Weight and Balance dialog shows the Max Payload incorrectly - sometimes as a negative value. Moving the Fuel slider will cause the Max Payload to show the correct value. Conversely, just changing the weight in any of the Payload boxes does not cause the Max Payload to show the correct value.

In the following screenshots -
Working Title CJ4 shows: -1,232,000
Savage Cub shows: 99
C208 shows: -178,750

Of the three aircraft listed above, only the CJ4 is modded, the other two are stock. The Weight and Balance Dialog that is accessed before flight, seems to be correct.

1 - Select aircraft
2 - Select starting position
3 - Click ‘FLY’
4 - Click ‘READY TO FLY’
5 - Open Weight and Balance dialog

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

There is all kind of things wrong with the W&B menu. I didn’t see any release note on this so I assume its still there, ever since they introduced metric units into the sim, the fuel sliders go haywire when dragging them using kgs as units, also when typing in fuel or payload strange things happen.

From some time ago, didn’t test in SU8 yet:

1 Like

Just tested this in SU8…

After many updates these (seemingly) simple to solve bugs are still present. Selecting KG, neither the individual fuel tank sliders, nor the payload slider works in the main menu. You can’t type in the exact amount of fuel per tank either. Only the payload per station can be typed in without any trouble. No difference between in menu or in flight.

I remember checking this long time ago, I believe the problem is only there when selecting Metric or Hybrid units (W&B in KG), in lbs everything should be fine. Seems to be a simple conversion error…

Can someone raise this with the devs? Its frankly unacceptable that these small, annoying, easy to fix bugs remain unfixed for so long! Same as ATIS reporting wind in the wrong units :expressionless:. @Jummivana

3 Likes

I just came to report the same thing. When loading into a flight, W&B shows negative payload and inputting weights manually doesn’t change it. Moving the weight slider does fix it, though.

1 Like

No

When deleting the values in any line of the WEIGHT AND BALANCE page it changes to NaN and then manually setting it to zero does not effect the CG.

Select any aircraft. Go to the WEIGHT AND BALANCE page. Delete the value in any line.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Will be merged into existing report.

Fixed in Sim Update 9.