Weird thing happening with quest 3 when looking down to the right

I’m having a particular issue with the quest 3 headset in MSFS frames will drop to zero and game will freeze when looking at a general area (down and to the right) it doesn’t matter if I’m inside or outside of any plane, as soon as I start looking in this general location frames drop to zero and image freezes, when I look away it all goes to normal.

One thing I discovered is if I cover or put my hand in front of the small led light ( the one on the top middle of the headset) everything works normal.

Not sure if it’s related but this started happening after I changed my GPU from Rtx 3080 to Rtx 4080 super
I made sure all my windows and Nvidia drivers are up to date.
I tried resetting the headset to factory, I also tried adding/ changing lighting in the room with no success.

When you say looking down and to the right, are you doing this with just your eyes, or are you moving your head, or both?

And the sensor you referred to, is that on the outside or inside of the headset? If it’s on the inside, is it between the eyes towards the upper part of the headset?

Cheers,

It was happening when actually moving the head down to the right.

I discovered my computer that sits to my right on top of the desk is creating some kind of interference.
In another thread someone mentioned the router being the problem so I was putting a wire mesh panel I had between me and the router and discovered that when the panel was between the quest 3 and the computer everything worked fine.

So now I have the wire mesh panel just leaning against the side of the computer and everything is working fine.
I don’t know the true cause, as my setup has been the same for sometime now, the only difference was I changed the GPU

1 Like

Definitely sounds like the mesh has solved it for you so sounds like some type of radio or electromagnetic interference.

Gllad you got it sorted!

I have the exact same issue. While looking down, Q3 freezes, monitor -pc freezes. Only way to get out of it is task mgr restart. I have an RTX 4070TI. Seems it started about the same time as last Q3 update.