What about Greenland?

Aren’t we doing that right here? :slight_smile:
Strongly supported.
Data for Hires Mesh is freely available here:

Then it would need a more realistic weather engine to work hand in hand with the satellite pictures creating a realistic environment.
-No snow on airport surfaces
-intelligent snow coverage algorithm, extrapolating temperature tied to altitude data and subsequent precipitation. E.g. no snow coverage at sea level, but from certain height up. That’s essential for more realistic visuals in Greenland and all other arctic regions.
-intelligent “floating ice bergs in the water” algorithm, might need a bit of manual labor, basically placing ice chunks into the fjord waters close to glaciers meeting the sea, with realistic seasonal variation
-intelligent algo for realistic seasonally frozen and snow covered coastal waters

2 Likes

What I meant was, ‘reached out and got a response’ from Asobo/MS :grin:

2 Likes

Ok. Just incorporating the official public domain HiRes Mesh data, together with more realistic weather model for snow coverage, would bring us a long way to enjoy the beauty of Greenland much better.

Then next icebergs in the water please.

2 Likes

Maybe a more realistic scenario, and sooner, would be to ask Orbx to create a Greenland Mesh?
It would fit onto their Iceland/NZ Mesh portfolio. They know how to do it.

1 Like

There was a wish list item open in August but it has since been closed.

1 Like

I did but they never answer me :frowning:

3 Likes

Greenland is the greatest landmark in Trans Atlantic adventures. Again, we need Asobo to give this the attention it deserves.

2 Likes

Looks like we are in luck - WU 15 Nordics + Greenland coming up. A 2 meter DEM for an absolutely huge area. Wonderful news. Hope they update the aerials as well!

4 Likes

when will it be released? Greenland is lousy in the Nordics Package. Norway looks great.

The DEM of Greenland is much improved with SU15. The remote areas only have satellite images though and the trees should be removed in the southern areas.

1 Like

So there’ll still be trees in the northern areas?

1 Like

I’ve mostly flow in the Sisimiut area and the North East and not been too bothered by trees there, but the entire region could need a tree clean up.

1 Like