What are your favourite airports in MSFS2020?

What are your favourite airports in the game? Mine are Toronto pearson (CYYZ), Lukla (VNLK), Kai tak(VHHX), and Saint marten(TNCM)

EDSA (about 12km from where I mainly live) - link: Flugplatz Degerfeld - EDSA » Microsoft Flight Simulator

All from //42

2 Likes

KOSH thanks to the PilotEdge scenery and other add-ons. You can do pretty much everything there, with large east/west and north/south runways for getting big stuff in and out. There’s a nice grass strip with a vintage airport, a STOL competition/ultralight strip, and even a water runway and seaplane base. The adjacent photogrammetry is pretty high quality too. It looks pretty close to real.

4 Likes

Oh so many, for all sorts of different reasons like history, location/scenic beauty, availability of freeware/payware, whether or not I have been there IRL, degree of challenge, etc etc etc. I actually document mine, for years in XP and now in MSFS. Cheers.

1 Like

I don’t want to hijack your post but you might like to check out my topic for this subject :wink:

1 Like

I did yesterday an awesome approach to this Airport. Its located in east brasilia.

Airport Code

SBFL

The satellite textures are really great and the rnav 32 approach is awesome.just press autopilot and enjoy the View from this awesome approach. But yesterday it was very windy.

1 Like

I tend to fly more in the mid to small range of airports, but the stock PHNL is still a fav, along with most other airports in that state. I also enjoy Gulf Coast flying, so Corpus Christi and Galveston are common launch points for imaginary loads of fresh shrimp being flown inland to destinations like San Antonio or Austin. Imaginary vacationers sometimes get ferried between Tamiami, Key West, and Cancun. For even deeper “Changes In Latitude,” I’ll sometimes carry a load of… umm… bat juice from TJIG near San Juan to TNCM for delivery to the Sunset Bar and Grill on the south end of Maho Beach.

Ironically, my home airport of KGSO is one of the worst default fields, so I tend to do local flying out of W88 or KBUY in neighboring Burlington.

1 Like

Where is this airport? and can u send me it’s ICAO code?

I think he said KOSH in his 1st sentence. Cheers.

KOSH is Wittman Regional in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. There are multiple add-on sceneries available for this on flightsim.to, but I highly recommend doing the SimVenture fly-in a week or two before the actual AirVenture in July. That’s when PilotEdge makes their scenery available for this airport along with hosting a massive multiplayer fly-in with the real Oshkosh air traffic controllers.

1 Like

It is not easy to respond to the OP in good faith. So many choices come to my mind.
Flying mostly airliners, I would have LA Intl KLAX in the first position. I do love the scenery there.
Portland Intl KPDX is for some reason very dear to me at second place, ex aqueo with Paris Orly LFPO.
But then how can I not talk about St Pierre LFVP and Quebec City CYBQ.

Lastly I would give special awards to UshuaĂŻa SAWH and Svalbard ENSB airports, as they represent the most alien destinations for me, hence certainly the most attractive ones too.

That being said, it would take too long to make a thorough list of other locations that I enjoy either in tubeliners or in GA aircraft. There’s a reason I circumnavigated to globe many times, even at low altitudes for a nice different experience.

1 Like

This is like asking for my favorite fishing spot. If I tell you then everyone on here will go there and it will be so busy, I cannot practice my stuff. SO, I am not going to tell you. However, I base all my MIL planes normally at KMGE, good repair facilities, and close to Lockheed AC Corp, who can fix lots of things. KJAN is another good one for MIL, and if AF C-17, KLTS for that bird is training location for it.

1 Like

I suppose that we all have different reasons for liking an airport.

Technical and visual accuracy.
Beautiful nearby scenery.
A good starting point for several interesting flight plans.
An airport in an area that means something to us.

I generally fly VFR in nothing bigger than the twotter. I have two airports that I fly from more regularly. One is my nearest local airport and is available as a third party airport, that is Lydd EGMD on the Kent coast UK. Situated on one of the largest expanses of shingle in Europe called Dungeness, a headland that is a unique habitat for flora and fauna. It is a NNR, SPA, SCA and a SSSI (All designations for special places, nature reserves etc)…I doubt an airport there would get planning permission these days and I think that the Lydd airport owners are having trouble with expansion plans because of this.

The other is Sion LSGS, also available as a third party addon. We had a fantastic holiday in Switzerland years ago, it’s a beautiful part of the world and a great starting point for many very interesting flights. Use the Valley to gain altitude, fly east and the second (or third?) valley south will take you to the Matterhorn…Fantastic flight VFR

3 Likes

Flytampa KBOS is probably my favorite 3rd party airport, very well done.

2 Likes

I found a nice looking Airport on a small Island near Columbia. The water looks incredible and the whole island is very nice. The view while landing is outstanding.
Special If the wind is blowing ,you can see also the waves. Fantastic hidden gem .

Airport El Embrujo
Airport Code:SKPV

1 Like

I don’t really have a favorite, but KOSH is somewhat local to me, and the first mod I downloaded for the sim was for that airport, including the colored runway dots. Doing SimVenture is above my abilities due to distractions and background noise at home, but I’ve flown Fisk on my own a few times. Would love to try SimVenture proper one of these days.

1 Like

Lukla, because this is where I died on my first trip around the world. My bones are at the base of the runway where I pancaked upside down spilling my wine.

Cheers
PACO572

1 Like

I like Gatwick (EGKK) and San Diego (KSAN)

1 Like

The Gaya Block Island (KBID). Microsoft commissioned it and a down-graded version was included for free in World Update USA Part 2, but I like my payware version because it has a lot of airport life in it - static parked planes and helos, workers hanging out at the ramp and the gates, etc.

Fly2High Providence Airport (KPVD) - the exteriors and airport layout are pretty ok for a payware - let’s face it, Little Rhody isn’t exactly a hotspot for add-on scenery development - they did a good job in the latest version of listening to customer feedback and restored the old North Terminal and the GA Parking, and if you look at the South end commercial ramps, the NFL Patriots Football Team jet is even parked there - nice touch.

2 Likes

Duxford with the free add-on from Flightsim.to
I have been there for many airshows and this add-on is amazing.

3 Likes