What are your worst third-party payware addons

the dc 6 on xbox has been non functional since its release

You can say that again , Aiports are bad news. I give them an install again but then have to remove like iā€™m doing right this second.

LVFR Airport Static Aircraft. Puts planes where they should not be. Generally like their stuff but this one is not great. Bredok KSLC not ideal either.

KOAK from the marketplace. Not only is it awful to look at it kills your FPS!

Really?
LVFR Airport Static Aircraft is an absolutely brilliant add-on.

I couldnā€™t recommend it enough!

5 Likes

FlyTampa had issues with Copenhagen, initially, but thatā€™s been sorted out and all of the rest of their releases have been solid and top notch.

Drzewiecki Designs havenā€™t sorted out perf issues on Moscow or Renton, even on a high end machine. I feel like a ton of time and overhead was spent on the ā€œworking Boeing plantā€ at Renton, but I looked at it exactly once, it was coolā€¦ and Iā€™ll never look at it again - but I pay the price every time I fly in the Seattle area - 2-3x load time and fps hit. ( the sceneries are great looking )

I kinda feel like too many developers are spending way too much effort on interiors that players will look at once, when they first load the airport, and are skimping on good ground texturing and exterior detail that you see on every. single. flight. By all means - do interiors if youā€™ve already nailed everything else first, and have perf to spare.

I feel like the TwinOtter and most of the Carenado stuff could use another pass or two on the flight modelā€¦ TwinOtter just gets weird around 80kts, and I still have voodoo with R Click shutting off all the avionics from time to time - but I donā€™t regret buying any of it.

1 Like

Iā€™m on Xbox. Iā€™ve heard Bredok3d and CaptainSim are the worst of the worst, regardless of platform.

I really wanted that F-22, but Iā€™ll wait until something better comes along.

Hell, even the only 2 planes Iā€™ve ever bought so far are pretty meh.

Hopefully, when SU10 comes and we maybe get WASM compatible add-ons on console, the quality will go up since we hopefully wonā€™t be stuck with garbage.

All my third party payware addons are ok. One issue though is my VirtualCol Beechcraft99 turboprop that I acquired back in 2020. Though it got low reviews and was not exactly study level, I liked the way it looked and was happy with itā€¦ It seems to have been removed from the marketplace? So no updates and now only about 2 or 3 liveries work the rest cause a crash.

I have none that warrant that label.
Iā€ve been extra careful before purchase having been caught out by Carenado once before so I donā€™t buy their stuff or anything that my research tells me I wonā€™t like. Even then itā€™s still a leap of faith especially with scenery but if you donā€™t impulse purchase and do some homework you hopefully shouldnā€™t have as much chance of something that would fit in the worst category.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty careful with what I buy so my worst isnā€™t all that bad, but disappointing compared to the other payware I own.

My worst payware is the Blackbox bn2 Islander. An easy enough plane to fly, great sounds, very simple systems wise but really let down by the visuals. Low detail blocky modelling internally and externally with poor texture work throughout.

Itā€™s very underwhelming compared to the likes of the fenix, c414, c310 and kodiak etc which also grace my hangar.

1 Like

I donā€™t always want ultra realistic airports - just something better than the msfs ones! (Not talking about handcrafted ones)
But what irritates me is what I regard as idleness on the developers behalf. Lack of some ā€˜vitalā€™ services eg stairs and fuel! Ground control that doesnā€™t offer parking at all or sends A320 to GA parking and not a gate.
Is this too much to ask for?
Richard

1 Like

Brisbane Airport and Brisbane Landmarks on ORBX - unfortunately the most difficult scenery when it comes to fps. I submitted a ticket to resolve this matter with the developer. Even in low confuguration I am not able to use them. Despite reports from other users on the official forum, the developer informed me that there are no patches plans for these scenery and they offer me refund. But I do not want to refund, I would like these sceneries to use it in a sim, since I paid for itā€¦

Another thing is with London City Aiport, where in fact changes to the taxi structure have been made. I asked if they will be introduced to the scenery in the sim, I received the answer: there are no such plansā€¦

Some developers donā€™t want to go back to older scenes. Here I must praise Aerosoft, they always trying to make changes and corrections, and even introduce new solutions to older scenery, such as their new VDGS.

3 Likes

FS birds. They look rubbish

3 Likes

VirtualCol Beechcraft99 - by far the worst addon I have ever bought. 2nd: Twin Otter. Super disappointing - donā€™t use it anymore.

Are you sure about Copenhagen? Last time i checked (2 weeks ago) it was still causing CTDā€™s. And what about Athens? Vegas? Canā€™t use those either.

I reckon you are on PC?

yeah, PCā€¦ Vegas always worked fine for me, had CTDs at Athens at some start points, but it was fine after the first dayā€¦ Copenhagen would have issues when loading in from a flight, but not in a long timeā€¦

Ok. Well, on Xbox itā€™s a whole different story, i can tell you that.

2 Likes

In my collection itā€™s the Azurpoly Fouga. Looks and sounds great, but drops out of the sky at cruise power.

1 Like

Easyā€¦EGLL by inibuilds. I was tempted to have a better EGLL than the handcrafted one by Asobo. ļ»æUnfortunately it turned out to be worst than the Asobo one. Really the worst :frowning_with_open_mouth:

But why not using that opportunity to mention also a super good one? One of the airports I really like is ESSB Stockhom Bromma created by Marcus Nyberg. Simply amazing.

1 Like

Marketplace Reno T6 Gotcha, unable to get rid of pink gauges.