What are your worst third-party payware addons

In terms of technical problems, non-functional extensions, crashes etc.

Many thanks in advance.

2 Likes

latinvfr arex global not working properly for me, just works in some random airports …

1 Like

($5 says this thread gets closed in moments - or at a minimum, gets moved to the proper sub-forum).

Why would it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Negative tone.
Threads have been killed for less reason.

I think it’s a good topic for opinions on what others have for a review of products if constructive.

Before I buy, I take into account reviews of others.

Should it be in in the 3rd Party category? Probably, but it’s a generalized topic and can fit into General Discussion as well.

I’m interested in what others have for reviews. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

I don’t really have a worst. All of mine are good purchases some I just go to more than others. For example I’m always flying around Wellington and Auckland but even though I have many English airports I forget I have Bristol by Pilot Plus.

Some of the earlier ORBX airport models are also not exciting and so I don’t go to Santa Barbara as much as the new Burbank or maybe their West Virginia airport.

I look for products that will be developed and updated and usually buy one airport from a new developer to see how they do things. For example Impulse is ok (I have Adelaide) and I was trying them out as a dev to see what I thought. I really enjoy flying in Australia and New Zealand so was exploring them and AUscene.

I also buy many medium/moderate level airports on sale periods like the current 40% ORBX now. $10 for an airport beats $20-25 especially when it’s just rounding out the area.

I doubt it’d be closed unless people get…rowdy. It defs should be moved over to the Third-Party section of the forums though

To newer the question though, most of the add-ones i have are great, but there are a few that aren’t up-to-par:

Orbx Optica ~ completely outdone by the GotFriends version in every way
Lionheart Creation Quickie 200 ~ uses default sounds taken from Asobo planes, rather than their own unique sound set, which is a huge no for me (also, includes religious propaganda in the manual)
^ These two i probs will try and get a refund on, since they are big issues

Drzewiecki Designs ~ terrible performance and crashing. The actual scenery and airports are gorgeous, but they’re riddled with technical issues that still haven’t been fixed
Carenado ~ their in-house planes only allow you to use their custom pilot model, rather than have an option between their custom model and the Asobo avatars (the collab planes with Asobo don’t have this issue)
^ These i’ll be keeping, but with the hope that the issues will be fixed (sooner, rather than later)

Bredok3d 737

completely unflyable as seeing the interior triggers my flight-or-fight response causing me to instantly alt-f4 to escape it’s monstrosity

4 Likes

I only have two that I would say is the worst that I have…

VirtualCol E170/175: The plane looks like it was rushed and stalls even when I am not at a stalling speed- and when I want to just do a landing, for example, the engines are shut off when my landing starts 4000 ft in the air. Lastly, the VS & Airspeed knobs on the autopilot panel don’t work.

Bredok3D 737M: the sounds in the cockpit are slightly off, autopilot doesn’t work properly, and everything is way too shiny for a 737.

1 Like

Everything Bredok3D, Captain Sim, FXScenery… horrible

6 Likes

Here we see bad add-ons like VirtualCol, Bredok3D and others living and breeding in their natural habitat:

Add-Recycle-Bin-icon-to-Windows-10-Desktop_thumb

Never before we saw bad-addon-wildlife so close-up because the bad-addon-kingdom, the trash-bin icon, is normally relatively hidden from the human eye. Having only the size of a fingernail it is hiding amongst dozens of other desktop icons in a clever mimicry… :smiley:

I don´t know which one was the worst, when I see an ugly low detail virtual cockpit like that Concorde or that Embraer or whatever the rest is no longer of any concern - but get deleted immediately.
They are all the same worthless to me.

7 Likes

That BT Kitfox STI in the marketplace.

Bought it, regret it.

Wadda piece a junk. Those guys should be ashamed of themselves for selling it.

3 Likes

I like your sense of Humor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Captain Sim’s C-130 didn’t even bother to include a cockpit. Which is a shame since it was my go to plane in FSX.

3 Likes

I’m so meh over the Twin Otter, I don’t feel it’s a bad buy just a little pricey for it’s state.

Not even the sound, the default instrument cam selection even makes it kinda icky.

Almost every plane I’ve tried has a reasonably default camera bump using the hat switch where you land on the autopilot, no, the Otter wants you too look up at a light switch there?

It’s not bad but it’s cassette player in the center console kinda Peugeot thinking.

6 Likes

Numerous airports from well-known developers like Justsim and Flytampa. 90% of them cause CTD’s on my Xbox Series X. And I’m really sick of that. Also because they are still on the Marketplace for Xbox. Justsim is even on sale, it’s scandalous because people who are not aware of these issues will have to find out the hard way, just like I did.

5 Likes

Latin VFR’s ground traffic, the one that replaces the car models but doesn’t do anything to fix their erratic behaviour. I have no issues with that, it’s clearly stated what it does and I knew before I bought it.

However what actually happens is it causes local residential streets to be populated all over with huge lorries that should have stayed on the highways. It looks terrible when flying over cities and is only a marginal improvement on long distance highways.

Sadly that one was a waste of money and uninstalled. Actually it wasn’t a total waste of money, it was a purchase because of the Ukraine aid sale so I hope it helped a little bit towards people in need.

2 Likes

Any airport scenery by FSXCENERY. Sort of never finished, jetways collide with and go thru aircraft, gate markings and location incomplete. Good start but not finished

2 Likes

BT Studio C90 is by far the worst thing I’ve bought. Reno Air Races: Full Collection is second.