What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Just another day in Antarctica, flying cargo runs between Rothera and Ushuaia Airport…

Make good progress across the ocean / Drake Passage, but then when you hit the ice shelf, your ground speed drops by about 40kts. Its a long, remote flight. It is fun though, you need to dial back the power across the ocean stretch, saving fuel, then crank it up over land. It really sucks more fuel than you expect.

Hoping to pickup a larger aircraft soon - maybe the DC6, but need to attempt a test landing, as the run way is slighter shorter than the minimum for the aircraft… it may not be suitable.

I got a mission at Rothera to deliver urgent medical supplies, but there aren’t any in this part of the world, so I’m building a small factory in Ushuaia to make them. Then I can transport those across as well.

Been lucky with weather so far, no snow or bad visibility, maybe this is a typical summer in Antarctica? however, I do have 34kt wind gusts at Rothera itself with 42kts on the approach, but it will be a tail wind. Have to watch my speed, luckily its not a cross wind.

I tried to lookup the wind maximums for the Embraer EMB 110, to make it fairly realistic, but I can’t find them…

1 Like