What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Decided to take a whirl at doing it like they did in WW2.

Figured Brighton to Paris was around 165nm, on a rough heading of 150, so at 200kn I should be in the Paris area in about 50 minutes flying on the deck.

At the 50 minute mark I popped up to see the Seine, I was a bit South of Paris, but followed the Seine into Paris and did some sight seeing before landing. Not before going under a bridge first!

Fun flight! I have no idea how they did this on a dark moonless night, and thank Odin the sim models power line towers and not the lines!

5 Likes

had no flight today , just spawned in narita to take some ss… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I didn’t use sketchfab but it’s very similar

Kev

Flew through the tropical storm last night west to north to south to east, and the whole time the wind never changed direction, and only max’ed out at 38 knots…you call that a tropical storm?

Oh and I did this earlier in the day just dont remember where this was

1 Like

According to your MFD, just NE of MMCU.

1 Like

I was trying to come into St Louis Downtown Airport and hit hurricane-force winds (only at the airport) - could not find any weather reports to justify it, nor could I duplicate it after restarting the sim. Even taxiing was a challenge. Odd. I’ll go to Atlanta and see if I have that issue. You on Ultra and with default or do you have add-ons?

Great look on the dogs, as if they’re saying
‘You’re joking, right?’ or ‘What the_____?’ :smile:

1 Like

Landed the Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet [WIP VERSION 0.5.1 ] on a carrier with max wind! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just flew inside of Elsa. What a ride :joy:

1 Like

I did my first ever helicopter take off! I almost did my first ever helicopter landing too!

HILARIOUS unintended wind glitch happened lol

Takeoff is at the 4:00 mark
Attempted landing is at the 19min mark

1 Like

Nearly !! Why wind glitch ? Airspeed gauge sais you got 89 knots of wind on your nose there !??

No idea. In the middle of the video I brought up weather.com to see if there was high winds in Gainesville going on but it said 5mph winds so the game was just glitching. No matter what direction I was pointed at it was the same strong wind.

I could be mad but it was kind of fun for a while lol

Glitch or not, it must have been a very steady 85-90 Kts airflow… else you’d go anywhere !! you did not set a lower altitude wind layer ? 90 Knots is in the vicinity of a true hurricane… Beaufort 11, at the start I wonder how you got it up in the first place :grin:

1 Like

where was this? I had this in clear live weather at St Louis Downtown a couple days ago. Is this a new glitch? Wind spikes over airports. area around the airport was 3 mph until coming into area of the airport. Restart could not reproduce it.

Me too man, it was busy in there! In the trusty 777 I presume?

Welcome back :grinning:

I was in the TBM then flew back and forth between megene and courcheval. Amazing in VR.

Takeoff from amazing freeware VIDP

Commenced hops from Kidlington, Oxford, England to Dakar, Senegal, where I will pick up Amelia Earhart’s route eastward to Gao, Mali. While I’ve been to most regions transected by Earhart’s route, Africa is not among them; so, I’ve been steeping myself in geography and local histories.

Photo shows that we’ve picked up the Tagus en route to Lisbon from Bilbao. The Tagus is the longest river on the Iberian Peninsula; and were I to follow it in the opposite direction for 900 miles, it would lead me to Madrid, Spain.

This took place in Gainesville Ga.

Lol in the A321 because I wanted to see just how much it would get pushed around. The engines had to keep switching back and forth between thrust and no thrust from all the wind directions and kept getting pushed down :joy:

couldn’t duplicate it at Gilmer, but some great scenery and weather. Hope it’s a one-time thing.

1 Like