What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

H135 in London - update v.1.18.15.0

1 Like

Your rather lovely Screen shots have persuaded us to take the Dust Cover’s off the M 20 and take her for a Spin.
Very nice Pics. Thanks !

1 Like

The Airbus needs some dust blown out of it´s turbines too :wink:

After the development Version of the Fly by Wire Airbus got an update I have flown her a little bit.

4 Likes

And another PERFECT and smooth landing - unfortunately at the end of the runway and not the beginning…

As long as I will continue landing the Airbus every single time at the end of every runway I am not worthy and ready for this plane :smiley:
But for some reason it behaves so different when landing than a 737.

3 Likes

Longest flight yet with my 320. 18.3t of fuel, so she was heavy. Perth to Manila 6hr 39mins. great flight and views.

3 Likes

took the FBW A32X (dev) out for a decent spin yesterday. No update, but the steam client updated the software!?!??!?

still issues with assigned altitudes, but if my assigned flight is 38,000ft, and they say I am 400ft over my altitude, simply descending 400ft shuts them up. It proved annoying during the stepped descent, but I just kept deducting 400ft to be sure

with full fuel planning on a 2+ hour flight from Gold Coast (YBCG), and a not so clean climbout, the trip fuel was within 500kg of estimates. So this seems close to, or actually back to normal. Winds matched forecasts as well

I had 3 CTD’s, all of which were trying to print METAR info using the cockpit printer

fun fact… astute observers will not Gold Coast code is YBCG. That beach, the suburb next and the Airport’s previous name is Coolangatta, best known for the Surf Life Saving competitions.

Speaking of which… Shark Patrol would be an interesting flight sim mission

1 Like

With the altitude issue, watch your QnH? Wrong QnH input put my flight yesterday assigned at wrong altitude. Corrected the QnH and it was sorted.

at those altitudes it was STD air pressure. there should be and has been zero issue.

Thanks for the suggestion and I appreciate the tip, but that’s a fairly noob error. This is still the sim glitch, but at least I am not going through 120kg/m of fuel anymore since hotfix ver2.0

Been trying to remake a screenshot… above one I took 21 July, before SU5, but after the Nordic LOD hotfix…

Both screenshots were Ultra mode, no tweaks applied. So the first one is “Nordic” Ultra mode… second one is SU5+HF1+HF2

One difference is better clouds… and building detail seems to be better, I’m not sure because the lighting is different. Note the city of The Hague is now visible, in “Nordic ultra” it was not. There is also a clear improvement in tree distance.

Most difficult to get right is the lighting. Lighting makes a huge difference ! a few hours later, it looks like this,

6 Likes

Finally managed to get a days flying in with the A320NX after the recent trouble. Still had a couple of CTd’s (Down to some CID?? or security issue?? Seen these before in March but got solved, back again i guess)

Visually stunning again, and appreciate the good performance.

1 Like

Flew a scenic tour around this afternoon, 7 hours multi stop and multiplane + 3 hours this morning

To many Dang Rainbows and I dont mean dang:

Landed and switched planes:

And ended up somewhere west of Sheboygan.

3 Likes

More formation flight practice on VATSIM with a friend. :slight_smile: To get around the huge latency in position data for VATSIM traffic, we hid each other’s planes from VATSIM (you can do this by issuing the “.aircraft” command in the vPilot chat window, then disabling individual nearby planes from the window) and used the MSFS group multiplayer to see each other.

Generally went well; I had two points where the sim froze up for about 30 seconds, then continued (so we had to re-synchronize our positions to be back within sight of each other). This may or may not be the old “MSFS hangs when a device connects/disconnects” issue, though there shouldn’t have been any new USB or Bluetooth devices connecting or disconnecting. :smiley:

No CTDs; we completed the whole flight from Brisbane to Sydney and landed together.

(Note there was no VATSIM controller active in Australia when we were flying, but supposedly the altitude issues are fixed for VATSIM at least. Hopefully!)

Takeoff at Brisbane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03cAMUBIzuI

Looking around at the sunrise while recovering after getting briefly off track due to an autopilot misconfiguration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ0DoD_PTI

Landing at Sydney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnmfqn__oMQ

3 Likes

Oh, just the usual… :rofl:

9 Likes

Just had a CTD :upside_down_face:

• does anyone know how to get rid of the arrow at the top? It returned after SU5 and I can not locate the off switch

From the video I linked in my last post, I attempted the Paro landing in the FBW A32X NEO. Turns out i had a very similar landing. (video of final below). - shoulda been a go around

Due to ATC altitude issues, they missed my descent. I used the charts Go around tot track to PR777 and tried again. I had difficulty getting it to start the new approach from my current position, so turned off AP. I allowed myself to get too low (caught out by the high alt airport), and overshot the turn just like in the vid. I really need to do this again, but thought I would share.

I can’t use pedals and my rudder axis is dying… so I was all over the runway once I left the divot from the left landing gear lol. Thought it was going to be a perfect landing, but a cross breeze kept it from coming back to center line

this was from Bangladesh, which had some very nice weather during climb-out. Pics below

I disabled GWS - Terrain. I still had altitude call -outs

charts: https://www.doat.gov.bt/aipp/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/AIP-AMD-01-2018.pdf

2 Likes

Workaround: install this mod which disables that “handlebar” and arrow bit entirely (the toolbar buttons themselves still show and work if you move the mouse up near the top):

1 Like

Were you able to turn it off in the sim? I use a mod “NoToolbarHandle” on flightsim.to

1 Like

Mount Rushmore

3 Likes

ENSB landing challenge… finally… decent score :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OooH! a challenge!