What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I landed my big pointy ■■■ at Kerama ROKR last night

6 Likes

I tried the golden standard of flight sims XP 11 today

2 Likes

Any clue why the A32NX is doing this?

That’s the 3rd take off attempt. engines surging while speeding up. It turned out to be A/Thr being on (no clue how it got on, started cold and taxi to the runway). After turning that off it took off like normal. Yet FLX and TOGA should not be affected by that?

The problems didn’t end there. After take off I set it to CL indent, A/Thr came on like normal, yet the plane just kept speeding up. Overspeed, even though it showed the correct target speed on the speed bar and the flight computer was in the right phase. Turning A/Thr on and off didn’t do anything. I set the speed manually, then when it was in the right range I put it back on managed speed and it kept working from there.

Just one flight without something messing up, is that too much to ask :joy:

Btw there is no aborted take-off procedure, ATC just kept quiet, no options. Drive back and try again. ATC gave other planes landing clearance while I was trying to figure out what the problem was while sitting on the runway earlier.

MSFS doesn’t give me much faith in the airline industry :rofl:

Not once has that happened to me with FBW since launch, would have been great if you had actually included a view of the PD there and not just a central view, which no one uses when taking off. Have you programmed the onboard computer correctly? What is your zero fuel weight center of gravity? Do you have flaps at position 1? Did you push the throttle to MCT position for takeoff? Generally, have you studied how to takeoff with a320? This is a simulator, not a game.

1 Like

I made another video of the take off attempt at FLX with more views

(I was looking at the engine behavior in the other video)

It’s only briefly in view, too concentrated on the engines

Otherwise I just have this screenshot, waiting for the brakes to cool back down

I’ve done well over a hundred take offs in the A320 and have never seen this before. I admit, I’m not using checklists anymore but got the routine down to get things set up and started.

1 Like

I can clearly see you have the spoilers on, try taking off without them.

The spoilers are armed, they come on when I reduce the throttle to idle to abort take off. They are not up when speeding up. You can see in the outside views.

Are you using the stable version of FBW?

Yep. It also didn’t seem auto brake did anything, I started braking myself on each aborted take off to slow down in time.

I just started another flight, A/Thr does come on when spooling up the engines. Yet this time all went as normal, no surging, no overspeeding. A rare glitch, probably won’t ever be able to reproduce it :confused:

Though it does not show on flightsim.to, all the Tokyo add-ons work.

5 Likes

Spent the day downloading the flyingiron spitfire 17 times to finely get it. “Packet failed to download” over and over again. Now I’ve used up all my allotted data limit. This will cost more money. Thanks MS.

The spot where Rose was is the easiest to find. Nothing else in the area really looked like that.

One of the spots also looks like the location for the first, Alone: The Beast episode. Not sure about that though.

Did a lot of lying around the location for Season 1. The in-show maps made it real easy to find everyone.

1 Like

AT will kick on if you push your throttles to far to the firewall.

A short flight in Hawaii to enjoy the exotic almost alien-like volcanic scenery. Plus some bonus screenshots of the Hawaiian Mauna Kea observatory.

Nothing looks as good and exotic as volcanic sceneries, that´s why the Aokigahara forest is so beautyful and alien too because it was born from a volcano.

8 Likes

Hi guys, just a quick question, at what point on descent do yous put the flaps down for landing?

Thought I’d fly the WT CJ4 from KPHF to KISP (Newport News, Va > Islip, NY) to see if I could land in Henri. ILS Runway 24, had the approach lights in sight at 300’. Disengaged AP at 200’ and things went to hell in a handbasket from there. Lost visual and crashed on the airport. My dog Rose (Dog is My Copilot :grin:) and I walked away with nary a scratch.

Flew from Islamabad International Airport (OPIS) to Skardu (OPSD) in Pakistan. This super-scenic route is actually flown by Pakistan International Airlines with its A320, deep into the mountains of the Gilgit-Baltistan region. Skardu is considered the gateway to the Karakoram range and the K2.

It ends with a challenging visual circling approach that has to be flown fully manual, landing at the airport that has no instrument aids or even PAPIs.

Since the Pakistani government intends to turn Skardu into an international airport with all-weather capabilities, this procedure may not last much longer, as it’s probably getting aids and likely a RNAV approach of some sort. So I had to fly it before things change.

I absolutely recommend this flight. The route is OPIS BOBA1P BOBAM DCT KAGLO J122 AKTIX J122 BUNGI J186 DELDA J122 BIREB DCT OPSD.

Unless you stay above the mountains, from BUNGI onward you need to fly manually following the valleys.

And yes. I’m kicking myself for not resisting the temptation to correct the flare manually when I felt a float coming. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I rounded off revisiting the landing challenges in the A320 with Out Skerries

It was a lovely Scottish day of course, about to start my descent

Passing Whalsay

Bruray in sight

Foolishness in progress

Maybe there will be another one of those on the other side to fish me out of the water

So nope, of course that doesn’t work. Landing at 110 knots, too fast to stop. Reset, ditch the passengers and luggage, 6% fuel, featherweight A320 landing at just below 90 knots IAS

It’s down, and not going anywhere, end of the road

Actually it can take off again after turning around with the A320’s nearly in spot turn radius, 6% fuel, enough to reach Scatsta.

5 Likes

Finished my 11 part series fly over Baltimore Maryland.
This city, like New Orleans, has lots of crime and lots of ghetto looking areas/houses. The detail of this game shows the differences but it’s hard to notice unless you’ve flown over lots of cities and know what to look for. Baltimore has lots of cemetery’s and some very big ones at that.

Some nice looking parts but in real life I would not want to visit there.

2 Likes

2 Likes