What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Arigato Gozaimasu. I’m not up on modern Japanese culture. Particularly Pokemon. I do fly over Japan to see how the places I knew have changed, especially Gifu and Nagoya.

Tried to fly a very short flight over the Alps.

At Milan Linate LIML the taxi assist lines are never visible, like they are underground of something. (I do have Zinnertek Airport Graphics dlc though).
Less than 45 mins and the flight had already ended with a CTD.

This game has become a morale leech recently. Won’t be playing for a while until this BS is fixed. Just no point investing almost an hour of effort and energy just to get slammed back to home screen with no way to continue. All one can do is continually save the flight and even then, the timing, weather, atc, fmc or navigation will more than likely be out of synch with the flight one was flying.

So to roundup it seems at time moment in time this is nothing more than a scenery game which might work properly in aircraft in the under 3 ton category. Very disappointing and boring😴

So is the Series S inherently underpowered and incapable of running this? Series X has only been stocked by scalpers here so if the S can’t handle it I’ll give this generation a miss.

Live weather in the south part of the Netherlands right now.

Welcome dear tourists :yum:

3 Likes

Nothing to do with Pokemon. It’s a common expression. You clean and polish up your car, ‘pikapika kirei’. I lived in Nagoya, Meito-ku, for two years teaching English for an LAUSD-Nagoya exchange program at Meito High, '88-90. That’s why the only scenery I’ve dared to make is that area, Nagoya-ko, Higashiyama koen - of course, I only use it for myself.

For me, Komaki was the main airport. I could see approaching commercial and military planes from classroom windows while teaching, always over Higashiyama Tower.

Otanoshimini…

I learned the airbus a135 so if you saw an out of control helicopter at Williamson Sodus I that was me learning

1 Like

I flew my Hype H145 helicopter around St. Moritz in Switzerland after WU6.

Great frame rates and amazing details with all my settings at ULTRA!

3 Likes

Welcome to the fold. Do you no Rotary Sim Pilot’s Youtube channel. Great tips and news.

I’ll have to check it out

1 Like

My helicopter skills are slowly improving I did more training flights out in Williamson Sodus NY and I check the airport website out and they have real life helicopter training I’m possibly going to try

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Leg 3 of my Amazon exploration. Great thing about the Widgeon? If weather closes in on you, just put down and park it in a cove or tributary somewhere. Not many diversion options out here…

3 Likes

There are lots of nice small airstrips around Shetland / Orkney to practice crosswind landings on. I landed on Foula a few days ago and it had visibility of only about 100m and heavy rain. The Fair Isle (1/2 way between Orkney and Shetland) gravel strip is fun to land at too. There is also one of the shortest flights (at just 3km) in the world between Papa Westray and Westray in Orkney Isles.

1 Like

Flew over the new WU6 scenery via the new discovery trip in Switzerland today. Was able to recognise a lot of the area from a trip there a good few years ago. Blown away by how it looks at 4K on XBox X.

1 Like

Did a cross country in the airbus a135 helicopter and flew from Williamson Sodus to Batavia NY

1 Like

After having continued my tour around Germany from Lübeck-Blankensee (EDHL) to Stendal-Borstel (EDOV) following the Elbe River and ending the trip in Strausberg (EDAY) east of Berlin in the JP Logistics 152, I decided to head back west.

I departed from Strausberg and made a first stop in Schönhagen (EDAZ)

Heading further west, the weather slowly got worse (which was a perfect depiction of the real weather in Germany today). As a responsible sim pilot, I switched to IFR (I follow roads and rivers) mode, following the Autobahn 2 towards Magdeburg.

It worked out as it should. Arriving in Magdeburg (EDBM) I found the airport hidden in a rain cloud.
It took an awkward pattern to find the airport in low visibility, but made it down safely in the end.

To be continued…

3 Likes

Some shots from my yesterday evening arrival at Cologne-Bonn (with scheduled offline AI traffic)

2 Likes