What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Dips? 40’ mountain in the middle of the runway tried to bounce me into a tree! Constantly amazed at how accurate a lot of default remote strips are.

1 Like

Taking the updated SR22 for some test flights at altitude. Love the new performance. And thanks to the frame rate improvements, I boosted clouds to High - wonderful!

2 Likes

I’m currently flying a Qantas Boeing 787-10 from Tokyo Narita (RJAA) to Sydney Kingsford Smith (YSSY). Just departed Tokyo, got around 8-9 hours to go.

EDIT: I’ve been at cruise for a while now. FL350 at 310 knots indicated (518 TAS).

3 Likes

well, if you like wind… try New Zealand today ! - i suggest the seatbelt sign all the way! Bumpiest flight yet

100knot winds… check out the angle on that approach!!!

Christchurch to Queenstown. 2 attempted landings and it proved REALLY difficult to descend the plane quick enough with those wind gusts after passing over the mountains… The first attempt resulted in a hard nose down to maintain my descent, but was WAY too fast and went around.

Climbed to 10,000 ft as per procedure and tried a 2nd time., Better and had the speed managed, but again… gusts seriously impeded my descent and could not descend in time.

Checked fuel… maybe I could try once more, but opted to race the storm front back to Christchurch, slightly deviating due to a monster storm. I felt like I was flying sideways n this approach

side note… big water vapour trails as passing through clouds. I also had 2 trails… the engines and another with vapour off the wings. Sadnly the p8ics didn’t really capture it as it was fleeeting

Leaving Christchurch as the storm closes…

first attempt and TOGA at Queenstwn

racing the stormfront back to NZCH… with slight deviation to avoid it

windy approach… could hardly see the runway. behind the left window frame. Limits was gonna be a problem until they eased slightly closer to the ground

9 Likes

Took WU6 for a spin in earnest first time, and long time away from MSFS due to “flight sim maintenance fatigue” - and absolutely LOVED the results! Next up is waiting for the 737 PMDG.

I finished my 7 part series covering the city of Boston in low fly high quality detail.

I covered -
Part 1
Suffolk Downs
Garfield Elementary School
The Shops At Suffolk Downs
East Boston High School
Bunker Hill Monument
Charlestown High School
Clougherty Pool
Bunker Hill Community College
Old North Church
BCYF Mirabella Pool
East Boston Memorial Stadium

Part 2
The Institute of Contemporary Art
Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
Excel High School South Boston
Dorchester Heights
Joe Moakley Park
Boston College High School
University of Massachusetts Boston
The Rainbow Swash

Part 3
Christian Science Church - The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, Boston
Madison Park Technical Vocational High School
Fort Hill Tower
Melnea A. Cass Recreational Complex
Boston Latin Academy/Trotter Elementary School
Jeremiah E Burke High School
Joseph Lee K-8 School
Boston International High School
Devine Rink
Richard J. Murphy School
Victory Road Park
South Bay Center
BUSM Campus

Part 4
Carney Hospital
Group of Cemeteries
British International School of Boston
Billings Field
Parkway Little League
William H Ohrenberger 3-8 Grades School
Hard Knocks Muay Thai & MMA/Sprague Pond
Curry College
New Mission High School

Part 5
Hellenic College and Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School Of Theology
Maliotis Cultural Center
Margarita Muniz Academy/St Thomas Aquinas Parish
The English High School
Match Charter Public Middle School
Lemuel Shattuck Hospital
Brooke High School & Brooke 8th Grade Academy
William J. Devine Golf Course at Franklin Park
White Stadium
Angell Animal Medical Center
Olmsted Park
Jamaica Plain VA Medical Center
New England Baptist Hospital
Fenway High School
Boston’s Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
Matthews Arena

Part 6
Veterans Memorial Pool
Agganis Arena at Boston University
Ringer Playground
Cassidy Playground
Alumni Stadium/Boston College
Newton Commonwealth Golf Course
Daly Rink
Warrior Ice Arena
Harvard Stadium

Part 7
Old State House
Boston’s Old City Hall
Massachusetts State House
Park Street Church
Soldiers and Sailors Monument
TD Garden
Church of the Covenant
Old South Church in Boston
Fenway Park
TD Garden

The detail of this city is some of the best detail of any city I have seen. I strongly recommend taking a single engine cessna and exploring this area in great detail. You can see billboard advertisements off the highway and it’s so detailed you can read the advertisement.

5 Likes

Today I downloaded the DC Designs F14 from the Xbox Marketplace and flew around Rio de Janeiro. I was really impressed by the quality of the airplane (even though I am not a fighter expert :grimacing::grimacing:)

2 Likes

I tried to figure out how to set an approach in the 787-10 (after getting one assigned by ATC) without it turning back to the departure. Using the same method as in the A320, which is, changing the route so it ‘forgets’ the previous waypoints.

In the A320 you can use DIR to the same destination which will make a new route from your current location, then add the approach and the plane won’t head back. I tried that in the 787-10, but it’s smart enough not to change anything when it;s the same destination. So I tried a different destination to ‘reset’ the route and CTD. It worked before when I was further away from the airport, but now it simply crashed.

Workaround the bugs, CTD :confused:

1 Like

Great sunset flight - Paine Field to Friday Harbor:

7 Likes

Noting today because I failed at IRacing today

Posted earlier today on here.

Update: I landed at Sydney approx 17 minutes ago and have successfuly taxied to the gate. I was in the air for a bit over 9 hours (Tokyo to Sydney is fairly long). 787 worked pretty well on this flight.

1 Like

First time flying in a lightning storm on the way to Barcelona using live weather. Looked awesome. Shame I could never get a screen shot of the lightning. Next time I will have to record instead

3 Likes

Night proficiency flight - KBID to KUUU LOC22 via SEY.

2 Likes

Continued my tour of Germany today. I switched from the C152 to the C208B Caravan, mainly due to bad weather in the start but also to mix things up a bit.

I started where I left the last time in Magdeburg (EDBM) and made a short hop to Brunswick (EDVE).
After that I headed towards the Harz mountain range, a small mountain range in Northern Germany, with its largest mountain the Brocken:

I surrounded the mountain range on the west side before I flew along its southside backtracking to the east. On my way, I checked out one of the local grass fields in the surrounding Bad Gandersheim (EDVA):

Last stop for the trip was Allstedt (EDBT). On the way there, I passed the Kyffhäuser Monument overlooking the east side of the Kyffhäuser mountain range:

To be continued…

3 Likes

World Tour flight number 415: Leaving Shetland Islands for Bergen, Norway. 194 of the world’s 196 countries done. Two to go before returning home.

5 Likes

You have said so well what I thought on that terrible day. Thank you for expressing it.

3 Likes

Flight into WAMM (ILS 18, that was special, especially so early morning)

5 Likes

Rather long flight, Munich to Hamburg, via the Ruhr valley. Flightsim.to creators doing some marvelous liveries and sceneries. Munich was a payware airport and WU6 scenery. Had to see where the Oktoberfest happens, but I guess nobody has it with the buildings that open in mid September…

Then, off through Stuttgart to Koln to top off the tanks…

Got late when I got to the Ruhr Valley scenery, nice sunset, some of the freeware scenery was still visible, factories, museums, the like (wish I knew the area)…

Dropped in at the hospital helipad scenery in Minden (what a production the creator has done)

Finally, the police helipad at the payware Hamburg airport.

6 Likes

Trying a new clean installation after last month’s CTDs and weird key binding behavior no one else seems to have had.

Quick proficiency hop from Torrance to John Wayne International - with a glimpse off to port of the Tustin Blimp Hangars on the old Marine Corps airbase.

4 Likes