What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

AAAHHHH. That 3rd pic takes me back to my young days when I went flying with my C.O. He’d check out an SNJ about once a month, put me in the front seat and off we’d go for a little pretend ‘dogfighting’. :joy:

1 Like

More landing practice in the Corsair - man, post-landing rollout is always an adventure with this one, even with rudder pedals and toe brakes.

Amusingly, after landing, I taxied over to the ramp and found a Spitfire all the way over in Hawaii from Down Under. Nice of the Marine Corps Air Station staff to provide a luggage ramp, but I have no idea how that bloke got so many bags in his Spit. :laughing:

7 Likes

Nassau to Exuma in the Turbo Bonanza, made it down before nightfall.

7 Likes

Adelaide - Sydney, dramatic cloudscapes with slight crosswind on final.

6 Likes

Blue Sky Twins. Day 32 World Tour.
VCKI, India to VCCT, China Bay, Sri Lanka.
Just went there to sample the Tea :sunglasses:

I like to fly low when possible.

I also like the over-water approaches. The Runway seems to be twice as long.
However, landing short is not an option :wink:

Arriving China Bay, Sri Lanka. Nice place :+1:

Yep. My Twin Sister is with me.
And now for some famous Sri Lanka Tea.
Of course I can not tell you what Brand. That would be advertising :woman_shrugging:
Anyhow, tomorrow we will fly back to India, weather permitting.

7 Likes

Do you not have the Bredok3d liveries? They have a BA livery that would look well in Bristol.

1 Like

I bought the 4simmers pack as was hearing mixed reviews on the bredok3d ones as they wasn’t very good quality. I’m hoping the 4simmers ones get released really soon they have been given to microsoft for release so and also the bredok3d pack two with the easyjet livery. Not holding my breath but hopefully will come this week :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I flew the BN2 Islander from Kingston to Montego Bay in Jamaica. I think I got used to the jetliners adjusting for crosswinds on approach as I’ve struggled a bit keeping the plane lined up using my Xbox controller.

1 Like

There’ll be blue birds over, the white cliffs of Dover :musical_note:

6 Likes

Currently doing my first long hall flight, from Dubai to Cape Town, in captain sims 777-300er in Emirates livery. Reached my cruising altitude of 40000 feet. Not long entered Yemeni airspace enjoying the flight and the views, even though I’m flying into a headwind. Currently set the external camera to the passenger seat view and watching thousands of miles of sand. I didn’t realise how much desert there was between the UAE and Yemen’s Gulf of Aden coast. Can’t wait until I hit Africa and see how the scenery changes.

2 Likes

I did something new today, something that I would’ve never thought I could do when I first started MSFS. I flew from Havana to Key West using VOR to VOR and turned off all the normal visual cues that I use. Once I made it to the VOR near Key West International, I turned back towards the airport to set up some kind of downwind left approach. I had a great sense of achievement when I touched down. I think I even parked in the right spot!

8 Likes

Emergency run to a train derailment on the Forth rail bridge. Leaving Glasgow… arrival on scene

Running injured to Royal Infirmary Edinburgh

2022-01-17 09_31_47-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.21.18.0

Back to Glasgow and a new helipad

7 Likes

Last week I was just going to take the T-6 on a short hop in California. I started adding legs every day, and realized I’m going to be touring across the entire US. I’ve been hitting up only untowered airports, cruising at a couple thousand AGL using only pilotage and the sectional:

The Sierra Nevadas are gorgeous with snow right now. I finally made it up to Reno-Stead, my first time there since I have no plans of doing any racing. I’ve been minding my airspace, navigating around the Restricted and Salt Lake City Bravo airspaces. Today I did a short hop in Utah and diverted to check out Capitol Reef National Park.

Wow, every turn is a postcard.

12 Likes

Love that approach to the journey. Especially hitting up places you’ve toured by car before. That looks like Factory Butte toward the end — that was an extremely cool sight on a road trip a few years ago…inspired for a Utah tour now…

5 Likes

Flew some short haul flights yesterday in the Embraer E110 flying around the Caribbean because I couldn’t use my local airport for vfr flying because it was snowing hard right after our second Arctic Blast

3 Likes

Was wondering why you can only see the grass popping out of the snow for about 10’ or so totally unplayable really kills the immersion nyuk nyuk nyuk! :rofl:

1 Like

Flew from Sangley AB in the Philippines, over Ninoy Aquino Intl (the capital’s airport), past Taal Lake (a volcano crater lake) to Fernando AB. My dad was a primary flight instructor at Fernando seconded to the Air Force’s Flying School from the Navy, and I grew up at Sangley as it was his last command. Very neat to see the old country.

5 Likes

I woke up 20 minutes ago and had to check if the PMDG 737 or a new Carenado plane is released.

Updates for marketplace are Thursdays and thats wishful thinking