What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Saw this in Windows 10 Spotlight when I turned on the PC:

Decided to visit in FS 2020

Coordinates:
-34.8024, -54.5721

And then used the Direct To Feature on the G1000 to land at SUPE Airport:

It was a fun flight.

10 Likes

RNAV approaches on my iPad in the Shock Ultra. I would never plan on doing this for real, but it’s a great way to get out of a bad-weather situation in a VFR-equipped airplane if there’s no other way down.

2 Likes

I flew a full IFR flight on A320 with successful ILS landing.

3 Likes

In roughly 45 mins, trying to “fix” my buildings from looking like horse waste. Apparently it works for some ppl but I did load up about 10 times. Some CTD right away because I tried to do LodFactors over 2.000…

Fun times.

I did nothing. I have no motivation to do something with this software. I try to save my nerves… :relieved: .

1 Like

The game has improved for me, 3 flights with the A320, all ended well. And 787 UK -Gran Canaria

multiple ILS approaches into YMML in my KLM 747-8.
Refamiliarsing myself with the systems and procedures. Pretty much there now… time for the first serious full flight tomorrow. Probably Amsterdam to Paris.

BTW… it really sux having live weather/traffic when you live at GMT +10. It pretty much guarantees night flying in Europe etc

4 Likes

Just a very brief first flight this evening from EGGD testing my new rig. Still waiting for my new RTX3080 though so stuck with my 2070 for now but pleased with what I have seen so far. Only 831 in the queue for the GPU so I may get is sometime before Christmas if I am lucky!

You can adjust the time of day and still keep the Live Weather conditions active if you don’t want to fly in the dark all the time.

1 Like

Flew from:

Using the freeware mod.

To:

No mod needed. Already in the sim.
Nice short flight in partly cloudy weather. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Banff and Jasper is beautiful. I’ve taken the Icon and dipped it in some of the lakes. Lake Louise.

I will try that one next. Thanks for the suggestion!

Happy flying.

I took the Airbus from Kden to aspen and used a curved approach following the freeway in to the valley.

SPIS to SPGL - what a fantastic challenging mountain-hopping flight in South America if direct. Recommended in a no frills prop. Just trim up!

The VFP map glitch is still so annoying - must go Accessibility > off, every bloody time. Otherwise, restart PC (high end).

It is weird I don’t see this reported much, given other people have commented same.

Any ideas for challenging 15-30 min VFR routes? :wink:

1 Like

Have you done Jiri Airport VNJI to Lukia VNLK yet?
27 nm as the crow flies, if he could fly straight up :smiley:

Vouvray LFHN to Corlier LFJD, tough landing, first find the runway

Aviano MIL LIPA to Campo di Volo Tignes LIUG, another tough landing although weather played a big part

Makedonia (Thessaloniki) LGTS to Silata Airfield LGNA, another short runway

Skopje LWSK to Negotino LW72, Ultra short runway

As you see I only write down the landing ‘experience’, all short trips.

1 Like

Try SPIS to SPGL direct, jumping over the mountain (just) and then descending to land without changing your pants (or that thereof your PAX). The go around is valley flying, which is also fun, if set on something resembling ultra.

Thanks! I hear Skiathos is interesting, too. Certainly IRL.

thanks. I have been spending way more time buried in the FMC than the game options

only yesterday I learned you can taxi without getting lost (even with charts) lol

Been flying routes from here: https://www.beringair.com/ in the Caravan with Live Weather, and with the ‘Snow’ preset. Even with the Caravan’s low approach speed, some of these RNAV approaches are quite the challenge, given the weather, terrain, short runways, and difficulty grabbing knobs on the screen with a mouse! I’m still learning the differences between LPV DA, LNAV/VNAV DA, and LNAV approaches. Here’s a useful (but long!) video explaining the differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5q71bECrT4&list=PL6FIQKSwwpg48HdkEJbue64Gd9456m2o-&index=5&t=2985s

1 Like

Tested my new TCA Airbus joystick. Great stuff, pleasure to control the plane!

Very cool shot