What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

I diddnt use the ribbon I was on pilot2atc, I just didnt read the airport right from Navigraph lol

Think I will be ready to be a real pilot now, lesson learnt :rofl::joy:
And it still dont change the fact that having a buildng there is very silly…who designed this airport

10 Likes

I’ve flown twice into KSGH from NEL, testing my AutoPilot. It’s the closest to my son’s home other than Wright-Pat. May try that, but I’ll fly incognito. :sunglasses:

Had an awesome flight from Kayenta airfield(Monument Valley) via the Grand Canyon into Twenty Nine Palms (Joshua Tree NP) as a continuation of my journey I did back in 2012.

Had some stunning views along the way.
A stutter here and there but had a buttery smooth touchdown into the sunset on runway 26.

Now I refueled my Bonanza and left her at the GA ramp.
Tomorrow we will head towards San Diego.

Sightseeing fata morgana over the dead sea :sweat_smile:

(upper left corner)

But maybe it was the sheer heat…

3 Likes

I am new to Flight Simulator (and flight simulation) - have been flying the Cessna 152 some hours (flew from Norway to a Greek island last week, landed to refuel throughout Europe), and I am trying to figure out which plane to advance to. Today I took a test flight (in the dark…) with the xcub. Might be a decent plane to advance to, and try to control… Managed to fly and land, but have many questions still, hope I can find information. Have no idea what is correct propeller pitch/rpm… Todays flight was from Bergen to Stavanger in Norway.

1 Like

They may get feisty if you do that! My daughter went to University of Dayton, and I visited the museum there a couple of times. Very good collection!

Loaded the deals at FSDT and procured the CRJ. “Walked” around the plane at KORD, checked it against my controllers - my saitek flap controller is a bit touchy with the CRJ’s. Had a go at the CDU. It was a busy day so I just ended it there. Watching “Dude”'s CRJ series on Youtube. Looks like stuff I’m familiar with.

1 Like

Did a little flight in New Zealand (Christchurch to Queenstown) this evening. Left live time and weather on, so ended up departing Christchurch in pretty bad weather. Didn’t get to see too many sights around departure.

FlightSimulator_EpSds4s3tk

Finally started to see some solid ground underneath.

Closer to Queenstown the weather cleared up completely. Man, this is an amazing area to visit. If you haven’t flown around here yet, I can really recommend it.

5 Likes

Flew aroudn Santa Barbara today and found a friend’s house clearly visible!!
Also flew from Chicago and successfully landed using the APR button - worked a dream.

1 Like

My BEST approach yet in the FBW A320, by the book and at night! Lined up perfect, just about to land… CTD at the 30 call out on landing. This game is an abusive relationship.

2 Likes

After departing Twentynine Palms I headed south making my way towards Salton Lake.
Following its western shoreline and a bit past it I came across the interstate 8. From there I followed this road through the mountains where San Diego lies behind.
After a magnificent low altitude approach I touched down on runway 27.

1 Like

the past few days I have been doing flights with OnAir.

At first I was doing mixed cargo/pax circular flights between my FBO at EGKK and my French FBO’s at LFOK > LFBO > LFRB and back to EGKK with my 787-10.

I have now switched to cargo only on a circular route from my FBO at EGSS (London) to my Italian FBO at LIRF (Rome) and my Spanish FBO at LEMD (Madrid) using my 747-8i.

A few more days and I should be able to afford 747-8F.

2 Likes

Yesterday high speed low altitude flight down over the dead sea once more. Fun!

Unfortunately an heavy stutter area in the jordan valley half way to the sea of galilee, must cancel the flight, it becomes unplayable.

Today a very nice flight from SPRU to SPHZ in Peru (Baron G58, fully manual). I discover an awesome landscape one more time. Like the alps on steroids. One short stutter episode near mount champara. Stunning mountain lakes.

If there where an snapshot function in VR I would deliver pictures.

3 Likes

I set a ai controlled flight before coming to work from London to JFK!

Flew over the Grand Canyon National Park. I’ve been there on the ground, but from the air you really get to appreciate how huge it is. The Eagle Point glass overlook is not accurate, but I didn’t expect it to be. From what I’ve seen, they haven’t given too much effort to POI’s in the U.S.

6 Likes

Reykjavik to Shannon - Dusk Arrival RWY 24

4 Likes

Flew my second to last leg of my trip around Amerika.
Departed out of San Diego and setted my bearings to Santa Maria.
Tomorrow I commence my last flight into Half moon bay.

It was an amazing journey with lots of magnificent views.

5 Likes

took the A32NX on my first fully working flight in VR with the new Oculus… wifi!

chipping away at it over the week I finally got there!

now to see if I can get it running on the 5ghz network that seemed to crash the headsets wifi server and see how much I can squeeze out of this. The fps is fine… around 20ish +/- but after some optimization I hope to improve on that

the real secret came from discovering I didn’t just need to use regedit to point it ot openXR, but apparently there was a setting in steam as well.

1 Like