What did you do in MSFS today? (Part 1)

Blue Sky Twins
Dabolim, VOGO to Mumbai, VABB
Most sedate (boring) flight ever.

Weather? Clearing…Yes I Know…hard to believe…

The Sea to the left Side…

The Mountains to the right side…

Now and than some interesting sights…

Wondering if ATC provides ‘Wake-Up’ service for sleepy Pilots :wink:

Arriving in Mumbai…

Perfect final… Frustration. Had to wait 15 minutes for a slow Airbus to land first.
Honesty…I was not happy. My approaches to Intl. Airports usually are 120-130 Knots,
my landings about 100 knots. Then I just bleed-off speed once over the Runway until 75 Knots.
The Airbus however came in so slow I thought it would fall out of the sky. So I went slow also.
Anyhow…

At least I got a somewhat decent Parking spot on an otherwise boring Airport.

How does the Flight-Instructor say? “As long as you do not land in bits and pieces…everything is okay.”
It was a sedate flight :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Enjoyed my first flight in the Twin Otter and had a blast! Flew to a windy Barra (though from Donegal, not Glasgow as the real route goes). Got a Logan Air livery from flightsim.to that I can use for my upcoming Barra flights and a Skybus livery for the flights to the Scillies!

5 Likes

Took the DA62 to Peru, Lima to Nazca. I couldn’t see the lines but I still took a couple of nice pics

3 Likes

I flew the virus on a trip in America. First time flying it and I crashed on the runway as I was going too fast I suppose. Only 60 knots or so though.

I like how the virus is basically a flying car. The interior just gives that impression.

1 Like

Admiring the comfort of the Seneca V interior…

Not ideal flight weather, but I had to check my now almost finished grey interior repaint, plus the engine also needs a weekly run-up just like mentioned in the POH and some oil-check. And the propeller blades needed some fresh Katana oil to look shiny and new and a propeller blade tip manicure…

4 Likes

Did the classic Kathmandu - Lukla route on the Twin Otter. So satisfying to finally have the right aircraft for this kind of flight. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Beaver Island is one tricky airport around this time of year after hitting a squall earlier today with the Otter, I did another flight ended up on the grass runway with very high winds, I have got to visit there in person someday because that airport is really challenging when using live weather in the winter

1 Like

I flew the Supermarine Spitfire over Fulda and Wildflecken in Germany. I have some personal history with both places. Finally, I had a nice landing at Frankfurt International, including a long taxi to GA parking! Then I flew the MB-339 for fun in and around the Grand Canyon. Unfortunately, I got a little cocky doing a barrel roll and crashed. However, I discovered that the landing gear had deployed, and I could get the aircraft moving again and get it back in the air! I managed a decent landing at Nellis AFB to conclude my flying activities.

2 Likes

Explored some waterways in Southampton UK.
The sense of scale is amazing sailing alongside those huge ships in VR.:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

sounds like Sumburgh airport in the Shetlands…

2 Likes

Took of in Zurich Kloten (LSZH) with the PC-6 and flew over the beautiful Swiss Alps:

Then near Chiasso I crossed the border to Italy, and after a very short hop I was right over the gorgeous Italian city Como.

Landed just next to Como, on the Lake Como (and yes, there is an actual “water landing strip” in real world):

You know, Lake Como, as in George Clooney or the (infamous) Star Wars romantic love scene (cough) with the eternal words “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating… and it gets everywhere.” - who wouldn’t fall in love with such a romantic guy (who later blows up entire planets - I guess he must have really hated sand) :wink:

9 Likes

Did some island hopping - Pretty windy day in paradise, but it was fun nonetheless.

11 Likes

Took a trip from Oman to Sri Lanka (OOMS-VCBI)

2 Likes

It did snow in Nagoya a few weeks back, but I was too sick with mild COVID to want to fly. Anyway, the sim thinks it’s still snowbound there, so I got my snow flight. I was trying out a new freeware Chubu Centrair. Nice, but not as good as the earlier versions of the airport on flightsim.to in a couple of places. Still, to the untrained eye, it looks fine.

Seems I was on the cusp of whatever makes the sim place snow as east and south were snow-free

4 Likes

The wind sure does make the water look pretty though.

Meanwhile it was calm, clear and cold up in the Rockies. A great day for some winter mountain flying, close to terrain without a bump. Blasted out of Telluride in “Gotcha!”, down into the canyons on the Gunnison River and then an easy straight in to the giant runway at Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional.

7 Likes

ReInstalled yet another time (this time were just gonna leave on the win 10 install), installed the latest studio driver and tried again. I could get my fps out of the single digits all morning.

So anyways after I did all that things are pretty close to normal again, so this is me landing at cherry point from nas jax (did the dishes while flying)…:

So we’ll see how long this lasts… ROFL?

2 Likes

Went to the Scillies (UK) today, which took about 20 minutes, was awesome! Skybus operates this route in real life.

Land’s End Airport (EGHC) to St Mary’s Airport on the Isles of Scilly (EGHE)

Plane:
Twin Otter DHC-6 300 (Aerosoft)

Livery:
Skybus DHC-6-300 Twin Otter Livery (by Drawyah on flightsim.to)

Scenery:
EGHE - St Mary’s Airport & Isles of Scilly Scenery UK - Upgrade (by SuperSpud on flightsim.to)
Cornwall Sandbanks (by mgk07 on flightsim.to)
Isles of Scilly Shorelines (by mgk07 on flightsim.to)

4 Likes

While flying the twin otter I was randomly thinking about why isn’t their actually a Beechcraft B1900E if electric engines are coming to aviation while in route to Saint Martin from Saint Barts

1 Like

Did the classic Glasgow - Barra Loganair flight on the Twin Otter, and found crazy crosswind at Barra. Was pretty fun :joy:

7 Likes

Took my Corsair 70-something years back in time and thousands of miles from home, all the way out to the South Pacific to visit Guadalcanal.

6 Likes