What happened to EGAR Rothera Antarctic base?

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

playing on Xbox X, I have no mods only marketplace official stuff

Brief description of the issue:

I love to fly from Ushuaia to Rothera base in Antarctica, landscape is so breathtaking there! But since last week end (su12?), a big checkerboard cover the sea! Global warming? Aliens? or an annoying bug?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

EGAR

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

just go there

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Xeries X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have the same issue on PC version of MSFS

Apparently caused by some code changes in sim update 12. Glad I got this fixed now and delivered updated files to Aerosoft - an update should become available within the next days.

Thanks for noticing!

Antarctica Vol.1-Rothera developer

4 Likes

FYI: The 1.1.2.0 update that fixes this should be available through Aerosoft ONE now.
I assume the MSFS marketplace update will come a bit later if it isn’t already available.

1 Like

Hi, I’ll keep you updated as soon as it’s fixed on the marketplace. I can’t wait to have this awesome place back and fixed!

Since the latest world update, it looks good!

Good to know, thanks!
Sadly there still seem to be the old tiling issues around extreme latitudes like McMurdo base but Rothera doesn’t seem to be affected by that (it’s not as far south as McMurdo).