What happened to "Heading" control and "Speed" control on the a320?

The latest big update of July 29 2021 just changed everything! Now when I move the heading control on the A320 the plane doesn’t change course. It doesn’t matter whether autopilot is on or not. The speed control doesn’t seem to work as expected either. I redial the speed but nothing happens, whether autothrust is on or not.

And what is "mid-click? The new pop up help dialog says it does something but then it says N/A, which I take to mean “not applicable”. And of course no manual, no instructions… Very confusing.

What is going on?

Thanks,
Jerry

It’s happened to me today, I fly around two hours and after that “Fly Control Unit” starts crazy. Doesn’t matter what you do… Some comment says it’s because the weather should to be in offline mode. Will check tomorrow. Hope it help :frowning:

First things first, go to your General Options → Accessibility and set your Cockpit Interaction to Legacy. This should bring the interaction back to the way it was as it is optimised for mouse use.

3 Likes

That is certainly possible. But since I have a mouse, keyboard and joystick, I wouldn’t mind learning the new features if I can figure out how to use them. My mouse doesn’t have 3 buttons, it’s a two-button mouse. Is that the issue I am having with not using the “legacy” option?

Thanks,
Jerry

The new Lock interaction option was created to make it useful for Xbox controllers. For PC users with mouse and keyboard and even joystick, Legacy is still the way to go.

Maybe it’s subjective, I also wanted to try the new Lock interaction but it’s showing with blue glow when I move my mouse cursor on top of the switches, I couldn’t find a way to remove the blue highlight without changing the interaction mode, so I end up going back to Legacy interaction.

I haven’t seen a two-button mouse since the 90s… Hahahaha, if you have one that’s still working, that’s a treasure right there.

OK, thanks!

Actually my mouse is 3-button; I forgot the rotating dial in the center also acts as a button. But even so, I cannot get the “LOCK” setting to allow me to control Heading and Speed. It says to press middle button but when I do that it the mouse moves the view around the cockpit. This new version is very buggy. I just landed an A320 and the brakes failed on me and I crashed into a terminal. Weird…