What i am doing wrong? piper arrow (just flight) just wants to stall

HI guys,

what i am doing wrong? i am full throttle, flaps retracted, trim is neutral, Auto pilot off and the plane just wants to stall! and even if i want to lower the nose (full down), the place just doesnt go down…

here a screen shot of the situation

Thanks!

Did you check icing? Enable the developer mode, go to the options menu at the top and check what visual icing says. If it’s not 0, youll have a performance impact on all aircraft, no matter if you set icing to “visual only”.
That’s a known issue and Asobo will hopefully provide an OFF option soon.

Also note that climbing at constant 1000fpm is not something you will be able to on the Arrow. More like 500fpm.

1 Like

sorry where do you see this information? i am on the development mode, under options but i don’t see anything that has to do with icing… i see “simulation”, debug drawing", “Rendering” and “WASM”…

I notice that that the trim seems to run away after using either the Slew mode or the basic Piper Autopilot hold heading and the non Piper Hold Altitude feature ( press the Piper Logo to activate.)
Reverting to manual you need to hold the joystick full forward to regain control and the trim adjustment just runs forward again to stall.
Another thing I can’t do is capture and lock on to the Localiser even though I am in the perfect glide slope position. I realise that altitude correction is not a feature but it should steer on to it.
I have raised a support ticket with Just Flight but I expect they will say it is an Asobo issue.

Are you using automixture? I’ve had similar problems until I disabled automixture and did it manually.

So if you could rule out icing that is maybe worth a look.

Since the FuelFlow looks fine for climb, I’d rule out automixture.

I think there is a slider in that menu that you can pull left or right to increase/decrease icing.

But from your screnshot it rather looks to me that you’re expecting too high of a climb rate from the Arrow. 90kts and 500fpm should bring you up.

yes, i set auto fuel selector in the i pad to automatic, i will give it a try with it!

the funny thing is that i was not climbing but pushing down the yoke to prevent the stall but the plane just didnt want to lower the nose…

Not the auto fuel selector. The mixture. Do you set it by hand with the red lever or does the game set the mixture for you? You can set this option in the assistance menu.

@Coppersens has ruled out automixture but on the other hand if you haven’t touched the mixture at all (with deactivated auto mixture) it will affect the planes performance. Too bad we can’t see the EGT.

Well, you should trim the elevator then. Not sure how you got into this position.

Make sure you’re on modern flight model, not legacy. This is the most common mistake people make.

1 Like

Should not be a problem, injected engine.

I didn’t even look at vertical speed and airspeed. What he is seeing is perfectly normal

I’m not talking about engine icing. Wing icing will cause you to stall, even if you have no visual hint.

ohh, yes, i do it by myself with the red lever

1 Like

thanks, so i just check and is on modern

so i have a question, if it was icing on the wings the cause for that stall, is there a way to prevent this to happen in the piper arrow?

As far as I can tell there is no way. At least at the moment. Setting icing to “Visual only” does not work. You stall anyways. But Asobo has announced they are going to overhaul icing on sim update 4. Until then stay away from the clouds I guess… :wink:

3 Likes

Try flying in a hot dry location to rule out icing and come back with results

2 Likes

yes, i was flying in iceland when that happened :face_with_raised_eyebrow: i will go to the tropics :palm_tree:

If you want to plan IFR flights, you could always check the area you are flying as part of your flight planning. MSFS uses Metro Blue for its weather source.

Below I am checking for icing in the region I want to fly, in this case I am looking at 900 millibars which is approx 3000 ft and I can see that there is plenty of icing around this area, so probably not a good a place to take the Arrow.

2 Likes