What is a good ATC replacement software for MSFS 2020?

Couldn’t afford those posh voices so just downloaded 10 different windows voices, some European, then used a low pass filter to change them to ‘radio’ quality. Works well though.

P2A is great, especially as I like to fly late in the UK and Vatsim have all gone to bed by then!

1 Like

What do you do when you are a five miles from the final approach fix, IFR, and ATC tells you to climb to 10,000 Feet, which has happened to me numerous times until I quit using MS ATC?

1 Like

I would like to give VATSIM a go but its lack of confidence, making yourself look stupid, also upsetting other pilots…for example taxiing the wrong way., and I am not a RW pilot, so its probaably second nature for a lot of people,.

1 Like

You use Pilot2ATC which gives you accurate ATC.

Join vatsim, do the introductory course…which just familiarises you with vatsim and follow the beginners tutorial.

When you file your first flightplan on vatsim, probably through simbrief, just put in the notes that it’s your first flight.

The controllers are especially helpful to new members and will guide you. Just don’t choose JFK or Heathrow for your first flight on vatsim lol.

Thanks for the tip, I would not use a large international airport as my first :thinking:. Will definitely give it a go.

As a retired RW pilot, even I was apprehensive at first. Don’t be…and don’t be afraid to ask if you’re unsure about something. These guys have helped so many first time vatsim members.

Enjoy my friend and good luck.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

What did you use for that? I’ve found a post on the P2A forums but that seemed rather involved, so wondering if there’s an easier way…

Thanks,
Dirk

This explains it. There are other more simple videos available on YT as well.

I actually have experience of recording studios so it was a little easier for me but all the info you need is available on YT.

It looks complicated but when you try to do it, it actually is much easier.

Good luck and all the best for your efforts.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, I’ll check it out!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.