What is a good ATC replacement software for MSFS 2020?

Hi there, What is a good ATC replacement software? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pilotedge paid program. Vatsim is a free alternative

1 Like

Thanks for the help and reply…

Software: Pilot2ATC

Also recommend PilotEdge

3 Likes

Pilot2ATC (also paid). I wouldn’t fly without it any more, so much better than the built-in.

5 Likes

Pilot2ATC works pretty well. I’m happy with it.

3 Likes

I’m patiently waiting for sim update 4, supposedly they’re going to address “incorrect ATC phraseology.” Hopefully it’ll improve vectors to final and a couple other things like constant altitude changes, vectoring for visual approaches, etc.

But what I wouldn’t give for the old Radar Contact program right about now.

5 Likes

Just remember, none of these programs will have any control over AI traffic or live traffic.

1 Like

Do you actually need to talk to the controller (ATC)? Reason why I ask is t hat i’m very shy…

I use PF3 and pilot2ATc, with pilot 2 ATC you have a choice speaking or you can use your copilot, I like pilot2atc because i update it with navigraph so it uses Sid and stars and speed limits, however to my knowledge it does not do emergency. However not sure it recognises traffic on taxiing, but it does recognise Some AI traffic in air, I had a few go arounds due to traffic on runway…it will asdign you Sid and stars…you need to read the manual, it works well with simbrief. Also voices are robotic but you can download voicepacks so can be very expensive.

PF3 has hundreds of voices depends on what region you fly, again can look intimidating setting up flightplan…you have to set your own SID and stars, does not recognise them.

And have to say the support on their forums personally I have had no problems, always got back to me within 24 hours

2 Likes

PilotEdge is actual people you do have to talk to
Pilot2ATC has speech recognition, but it’s just a computer program :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the information and help.You all have been very helpful…

PF3. Has over 100 voices and is good for VFR and IFR, GA and Tubeliners. Free demo so you can try it. Tried Pilot 2 ATC, voices are like $30 or more each. Big learning curve.

1 Like

Hi there, Would I need the co-pilot mod, For use with the PF3 Software?

PF3 software is Button contol only with options. its pilot2atc I use a copilot to do all communication, you dont need a mod it comes with the software you check a certain box for co pilot to change fequencies and speak to ATC…recommend a second monitor to have it separate because pilot2atc ui screen is big it has a moving map as well, Same with PF3. Both look complicated but so much resources out there…aslo the support from the software has been great. First look…looks so complicated but now its second nature. Personaly I dont use default ATC…

I could use my TV as a monitor , I have a hdmi, I think that’s it. sorry I just read your post again sorry my error.

I use Pilot2ATC.

For VFR flights I take control for IFR I currently use the co-pilot as I’m still learning.

I have a button mapped to my yoke that will hide and show the Pilot2ATC window in case I need to look at it.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. I am embarrassed now because I didn’t read the post carefully when I replied to @JWATTS0275

Nothing to be embarrassed about, thats whst forums are for to help each other out

1 Like

If you want some offline ATC atmosphere, check out FS ATC Chatter. Goes well with Pilot2ATC. There is a free demo.

2 Likes