What is the difference between the Studio Driver and the Game Ready driver for the NVIDIA Card?

Hi there, I am curious what the difference in the Studio Driver and the Game Ready Driver for the NVIDIA Card? Any information is greatly appreciated. TIA…I am Always using the Game Ready Driver!

1 Like

No real difference I would concern myself about. Game Ready Drivers are for gamers and Studio drivers are for content creators. But either one will no-doubt work the same in MSFS.

1 Like

Moved to Self Service #self-service:pc-hardware

1 Like

They say the Studio drivers are more stable.

2 Likes

They also say the Game Ready Drivers are better for gaming, and since MSFS is a game, that’s what you should use according to Nvidia. But again, it really won’t make any difference either way.

I’ve had most stability by uninstalling all of the Nvidia stuff cleanly and letting Windows install the driver via Windows update.

1 Like

Thats always been my understanding of it. They’re more stable but aren’t as new and super optimised as the latest game ready.

1 Like

yea, i dont use nvidia content drivers at all. just the windows device driver. I tried m back in the day, what a mess, i never went back. Maybe im missing something but i never have to revert back to a prior driver with windows updates and all my sims run great. this is just my experience with my hardware. By all means, if it works for ya go for the one thats works the best.

1 Like
2 Likes

“They” being…?

Nvidia. The blurb on the NVidia site back in October when I first used it was that the studio drivers where for users who needed stability such as game developers, while the game ready drivers where aimed at gamers who wanted to play the latest games.

Ok, cheers…