What is your favourite weather conditions?

Scattered clouds and very light winds, I fly the 172 so this suits.
I too use Live though and take whatever comes at me.

Always live weather, but where I live 95% of the days are CAVOK so not much fun around here. :sweat_smile:

Live weather. Did a west to east flight around the world. From clean and unlimited to ice and clouds that would knock ya out of the sky. Fun and very enjoyable.

dw

1 Like

Live rain storm at Tampa international.
Love Live weather. Just need MS to bring lightning and thunder back. It is very nice to have functioning weather radar.

I remember pre su7 when i had those thin stretchy higher formed together clouds that made the sky look amazing in sunsets. Never see those anymore. Here where i live even if there is really good condition i often see high clouds. In the sim itā€™s mostly clear sky. Completely clear sky should be rare in my opinion. That feeling i had pre su7 that clear sky were more rare.

Well, in some places completely clear sky is more common but where i live they are not. Maybe a bit more common in summer :slight_smile: But even in summer its really rare to see a sunset without some higher clouds blocking the sun.

Live weather from Autumn through to Spring - rain, snow and icing really makes you think about any planned routes.

1 Like

Nice. I fly out of Stansted doing European flights in the airbus. Good luck!

I almost always fly Live Weather because I like just dealing with whatever mother nature hands me.

That said, it can get boring sometimes if itā€™s always clear skies all the time in the places I want to fly.

Quite often while Iā€™m mid-cruise Iā€™ll mess around with custom weather. I love that you can adjust all of these things in real time during flights. Playing around with the cloud sliders and time of day is always fun. If I find a particularly beautiful setting, Iā€™ll take some screenshots, then switch back to Live Weather for the remainder of the flight.

Live weather always. Just a shame it rarely seems to work. Blue skys everywhere!

Live weather before SU7 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Live weather only, but I particularly enjoy it when that live weather is partly to mostly cloudy with a few very scattered rain showers. Looks fantastic.

Live-weather for sure

1 Like

Rain. ItĀ“s calm and soothing and relaxing while dropping on the windshield :slight_smile:

Now when gusts is in the sim in su 10 beta i like challenging wind conditions while landing as well :slight_smile: I had a landing today in winds between 6kts-12kts crosswind. Even those lower winds made me fighting the wind on final :slight_smile:

Definitely like live weather if flying east from YPPH.

Yesterday I had 175kt tailwind and 737 up to 645kts ground speed. Thatā€™s really quick. :slight_smile:

It was raining on takeoff - watching the rain on windshield is interesting.

Live weatherā€¦but the occasional thunderstorm with wind and gusts at 200 kts :slight_smile:

How are you getting rain on the windscreen, no matter what I do I cant see rain on my windscreen. Used to see it pre-su5 but nothing since then.

Iā€™m on SU10, I do nothing. In DX12 it just happens. I have mostly highest detail settings.

Iā€™ve got a W6800X Radeon GPU (32GB).

Ah DX 12, that might be the explanation. Here DX12 only works some of the time in su10, sometimes its bad and sometimes its terrible.

No, it cant be a DX12 thing, I use DX11 and I get rain on the windscreen.