What kind of chair do you "fly" from?

I have had this for 20+ years now. it is shown on its side for maintenance of my home-made collective lever (made from a cycle stand, some gears and segments of, and a potentiometer & mini jack lead.
I took the starboard armrest off to save my ‘stick elbow’.
I bought it from a second hand shop. They didn’t want to sell because it had no fire safety foam (so I said “if I give you a donation of £10 will you give me a present of the chair”.
Then later when removing the stretch covers the foam was covered in “This is Fire Retardant Foam” notices! A few years ago I had it re-covered in leather. And I added cable ties to the runners to stop it moving when I use the rudder pedals. Suits me so I am keeping it.

1 Like

Clearly a labour of love.
If nothing else then, that’s why I love it.

1 Like

How many vaping devices does a single human being possibly require?

Joking. A big fan of vaping and flight-simming myself. Quit smoking cigarettes back in 2015 and never took another drag ever since. Nice setup.

2 Likes

And I gave my home-made pedals away to a neighbour a few years ago & bought this. I had to raise them a bit hence the platform and then another neighbour gave me the subwoofer & smaller speakers when they moved away. So I incorporated said subwoofer like this. Seen as I was bodging an extra bit of wood to keep it further away from the back wall/nearer my legs (they may be short but they still reach the ground!)

I am impressed.
Heath and Robinson [sic] are two of my favourite people.

1 Like

It’s Rube Goldberg here in the US. :wink:

This topic stream has been one of the best I have seen to date.
No moaning and groaning, just some down to earth sharing and smiles.
Every one of you deserves an A+ grade for sharing… We really enjoyed seeing your stuff.
THANK YOU !

4 Likes

Rube Goldburg?
Not a name I am familiar with.
But if I understand you correctly, for me at least, you have just given Anglo American relations a shot in the arm.

1 Like

I think we are all probably here all week. :sunglasses:

1 Like

What do you mean? I have 859 liveries in my Community folder and my 3.0 ghz CPU is overclocked to 9.7 ghz. I’m getting constant CTDs and MSFS 2020 was rushed!

This is mine, its modified with a home made collective on the left where the arm would be.

1 Like

Ahhhh. I knew it was to good to last. Haha. :shushing_face:

1 Like

I spent 24 of my 62 years in England. I’m bilingual… both American and British! :grin:

1 Like

Chopper guy eh.
My son has a very similar chair to that!
It’s very comfortable but it has a …face. The eyes kind of follow you [Mona Lisa like] around the room. I often see it lurking in the bushes, near where he lives.
'Course you can often see things lurking in the bushes, near where he lives.

Chairs!
We shouldn’t stand for them.

1 Like

I have a GT Omega, purple and black no less

Yeah I am a Heli guy at heart.
The chairs not bad at all, quite comfortable and the one arm gives me some support when I nod off after a meal, I am that sort of age. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have always admired polyglots.
And I too can speak two languages!
But sadly they are only English and my mind.

Secretlab Omega

I too have enjoyed this oasis, nay breakout of pleasantness.
But I have dallied much to long.
Walls have ears and I grow nervous.
So before circumstances bring us all down, I bid you all a very pleasant, rest of the evening, afternoon or, depending on where you all variously are, night.

1 Like

:smiley: I’ve not spent years in a foreign country like you did but have been growing up in Berlin with American soldiers as neighbours. My brother in law is from Georgia and my wife is Brightonian / UK. Therefore it was quite funny as I met her because my English was American English like:

Me: “I need to put stuff in your trunk”
She: “???”
Me: “I have to put stuff into the back of your car”
She: “That is called a boot. Elephants have a trunk or a tree stemm is called a trunk”
Me: “???”

Basically like Louis Armstrong sang: You say tomato (/təˈmɑːtoʊ/) and I say tomato (/təˈmeɪtoʊ/)

1 Like