What kind of chair do you "fly" from?

I do my flight simming from a normal computer desk with CH yoke and pedals and a 27" monitor. The chair I sit in is a regular padded office desk swivel chair with arms and wheels. It will also partially recline. I don’t have any problems with it trying to roll while I operate the pedals. However, it’s getting a little worn, and I’m thinking of replacing it. I’m just curious as to what chairs my fellow simmers have. Which is better, a padded office swivel chair with arms and wheels like I have or a stationary armless chair that does not move? I know that the pilot’s chair in a real airplane is locked into place once the pilot has adjusted it.

1 Like

I take a photo of it but you’d laugh. I gave up my “good” chair to my cat. She’s quite spoiled…

:wink:

8 Likes

AndaSeat Dark Knight. Bought this chair last year. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done for my ■■■ next to staying out of prison.

3 Likes

Wow… that’s a bit of change for a chair.

:smile:

Porter & Davies BC Gigster. The subwoofer adds a nice bit of realism to MSFS. It gets double-duty for bass guitar practice and rehearsal.

3 Likes

I too have a flight chair that doubles up for guitar practice.
Sadly, although comfortably, it’s the settee.
No, don’t ask for a pic.

:smile:

1 Like

I use a Noble Chair Hero model leather edition, bought in UK, made in Germany, very very good quality with Monstertech add ons for FS HOTAS, Buttkicker Gamer 2 and more now, have a powered USB hub on it now with quick release connectors for everything, just one USB lead and lead for the Buttkicker, have side pads each side for mouse and keypad, works extremely well.

This is an older picture of my chair in particular with foldable HOTAS mounts, will post up better newer pics now I’ve added to it if anyone wants to see.

3 Likes

I made a little cockpit out of wood and bought a second hand car seat.

4 Likes

I play DCS from a comfy chair, cause this game just crashes to desktop on load! Never had a game do this, and I mean even early access on steam! What a joke!

I have a worn Ferrari high back computer chair I picked up years ago. Also a cushion, lol. Rudder pedals are no problem. I have to raise the chair arms to use a yoke though.

Karnox Legend cloth. Nice snug fit. I feel like I am really strapped into seat.

I thought about shelling out for an expensive custom chair,
But it just doesn’t sit right with me. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I sit on my couch. 17" laptop on a TV tray. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro on a piece of plywood on my lap.

3 Likes

Man’s [woman’s] gotta do what a Man’s [woman’s] gotta do.

I got myself the Herman Miller Aeron Remastered as home office began during spring lock-down.
For me, that is the best “Gaming Chair” I’ve ever had. All back related issues have disappeared.
Pedals, Throttle and Joystick are at present stored below the desk as I need to start working.
The left screen is for gaming, the middle is for working and the right one is connected to the company laptop.

3 Likes

Office Desk and my Spiderman chair … yea ok, so I am a 55yr old kid! they say if you haven’t grown up by 50 you don’t have to… but it has lumbar and head cushions, and adjustable arm rests, wheels so I can scoot between gaming and working, and lays flat, like all good Business class seats… hahahah

1 Like

AK Racing Core Ex.
great chair to fall sleep after work while flying :sweat_smile:

Saved up some pennies for a nice chair, but ordered a Bravo throttle quadrant instead. I’m reduced to this. I am ‘reliebly informed’ that it is about the same size and probably more comfortable than early Learjet front seats :slight_smile: Guarantees that I won’t fall asleep while flying…

(Other brands of cola based beverage are of course available :laughing:)

14 Likes

I got a GT Omega Pro XL with black fabric after reading a lot of reviews. Had it 6 months now as I needed it for homeworking. Cold cured foam, not lost any support, no signs of wear, stitching is fine, perfect ergonomics for me and excellent lumbar support, 50+ hours a week. Its on carpet but doesn’t move an inch when using the rudder pedals.

2 Likes

Going that extra mile Nautical] for that last ounce of realism eh!
Most laudable.
:relaxed:

2 Likes