What legacy "missions" are you most looking forward to having back?

Personally, I enjoyed the mission where you searched the mountains for the downed pilot. I think it was a downed Beech Baron in Washington state mountains. You start out the mission with it snowing at the departure airport… “if we don’t find him, who else will?”

2 Likes

I remember a great customs mission - chasing a plane then a boat

1 Like

I liked the Lost in the Triangle mission. The lost ghostship and lost squadron were neat extras.

2 Likes

New cog for the chairlift helicopter mission.

1 Like

Secret Shuttle & Caribbean Landing

4 Likes

I know Microsoft likes to pretend that Microsoft Flight didn’t exist, but it had some great missions. The missing kayaker, photo flights, aerobatics checkout etc. are missions I would like to see make a return.

I just hope the missions in the anniversary edition are actual “missions” with voice acting and unique props and not just a Bush Flight with some contextual text.

5 Likes

Chasing the UFO was a hoot. Come on … who didn’t love scrambling off from the runway in the F-18 and trailing behind those florescent green exhaust plumes! Man, would THAT look cool in VR!

3 Likes

This sounds awesome and exciting!
But… what missions?

edit: Ah ok from Microsoft Flight, I never had that game or whatever it was (I don´t think this one was a successor of the legendary MS flight sim series but just some arcade game). P3D and FSX were the only sims from these days I had installed.
But these missions sound interesting, I remember in FS2004 it was possible to create own flightplans and write own mission briefings.

How about the oilrig mission where explosions started and things started falling.

1 Like

I mentioned this in a similar topic, but what I’d like to see is a semi-random mission generator that would make search and rescue and medevac missions near a defined location (like your departure airfield, or maybe an area that you define in some sort of activity screen). The missions would be similar to the FSX ones evacuating people off a volcano, extracting people on a sinking ship in the Baltic Sea, and the one with the Coast Guard medevac of a bad car accident near Key West/Opa Locka, but obviously would be dynamically placed so that they’d be different every time.

To extend this idea further, you could have some options where you could make the type of mission depend on the aircraft you choose, or have another option where you have you have a slate of aircraft and decide which one is best for the mission or a set of missions. One example might be a situation where you need to do a wide area search for a missing person (like in the news stories where someone was supposed to be driving home through a rural area but never showed up) where a fixed wing aircraft might work better, but once you find them you need a helicopter to go in to medevac the person (or you could use a tiltrotor or VTOL aircraft that can do both). They could also make it such that you can either fly back to base and switch over to the helicopter, or even do it in multiplayer such that you have one crew of friends flying the airplane and another crew of friends flying the helicopter. The possibilities just keep growing the more I think about it…

I didn’t realise they are bring back missions! This will be cool. I hope it inspires more 3rd party missions too. Even just pre-recorded audio and a few scenery props is enough. It makes for a more engaging flight.

A cool one I thought of would be an airshow where you have to show off a vintage aircraft (possibly the DC3 they are adding?) performing certain “stunts”, like a low flyover, circling the airfield, touch & go, etc…

1 Like

Well seen as it’s the 40th, I’d say all the missions they can bring back ( and would work with the current included aircraft )

Mount St Helens Evacuation and the oil rig rescue

1 Like

5 Likes

That’s the only one i remember, and I loved it!

Hype have built a fantastic mission generator for use with their h145, and it does all these things!

1 Like

‘Austrian Alpine Soaring Course’ but with multiplayer and anti cheat hooks.

Ah! the oil rig rescue! I never or very rarely flew helicopters yet more by luck than judgement I managed that mission at the first attempt … and never managed to repeat my success and believe me I tried many times.

I’ll be very honest and say there wasn’t a mission I didn’t enjoy but anything with a heli and a rope came pretty close.

If they would make it possible to add triggers by radius or waypoint for animations and/or spawnable objects. Then third party creators can just go their way and be creative with it.

That would be neat, especially now as there also is the “Dark Star” which could be placed instead of awkward alien ships :slight_smile: - instead of the missing 737 (talking about vanilla) they could use the King Air as Janet also operates some of these.

In general I hope they don’t just stupidly copy & paste stuff from the past but adapt it - I’d like to see nice and well spoken voice overs, some fitting music and depth in the missions story telling. Also it would be nice to see a mix of action packed stuff (oil rig rescue) and something realistic and scenic like the Pilot for Hire type missions.

Another one fitting (if one downloaded the Mavericks DLC as a dependency) could be Rocket Launch Air Cover from FSX which lets you secure the airspace around Cape Canaveral due to a planned rocket launch to orbit :slight_smile:

1 Like