What on earth is going on with the Flight Planner!

Isn’t that just a decoding issue, your text editor is reading the UTF-8 characters as if they were ASCII?

I don’t think so as I have looked at the FP in a multitude of TEXT editors, with and without UTF-8 decoding.

And those so supposed to be UTF-8 character strings are not correct in any case, so the forced pre-encoding is wrong.

Then if you edit the FP to put in the Correct UTF-8 character strings, then now correctly edit plan with correct UTF-8 codeing, CRASHES the sim, when loading the FP, so the MSFS UTF-* decoding would also be incorrect, (but is compatible with the MSFS incorrect forced pre-encoding)

Then, why in some cases, is the Departure airport, with MSFS encoding UTF-8, sometimes Totally missing in the or

Then the next obvious question is – why is a “corrupted” XML FP file, causing the Sim to CTD, and is not being caught by some Data verification and error checking ??

1 Like

Yikes… Yeah that does not sound good at all.

Agreed!!!

1 Like

Prior to SU5 I started working on a comparison of flight plans between different flight planner programs, World Map, Navigraph, SimBrief, and LittleNavMap. Used the same departure and destination, SID, STAR, Approach. I let the program perform the routing. They all created different flight plans! I did not check VFR flight plans.

Because of SU5 broken flight plans and waypoints not inserted by the user, after WU6 I’ll recheck the different flight planning apps to see what differences remain. (Assuming flight plan fixes are in WU6…)

Sounds good … Nice to see someone actually taking the Flight Planning side seriously AND prepared to help towards a better understanding and a solution – as opposed to just moaning and crying that “it is Broken”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.