What other taboo topics are now allowed on this forum?

I am confused.

We have an entire section of this forum dedicated to “3rd party ad-ons”.
That section, to my understanding, was for users of MSFS to be able to discuss 3rd party ad-ons.

Well, I created a thread earlier that quickly was deleted. The reasoning, doesn’t seem consistent. (using this mod is greatly discouraged because of the invasive nature and legal matters)

#1 I don’t even have the mod(yet, although now I’m thinking it must be really good for it to not even be talked about lol). I had a question about the mod as I was considering adding it depending on how my question would be answered.

#2 Why are most 3rd party ad ons allowed to be discussed on this forum as well as advertised, but one in particular cannot even have it be mentioned?

#3 Are there any other 3rd party ad ons I should know to not ever mention on these forums, or is there only this one?

4 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if Xplane also bans talk about their version of “the one who shall not be named”

1 Like

Go to the Shell forum and post how using BP can save you money?

1 Like

Sorry what mod are we not supposed to talk about?

Edit never mind think I know. It’s the photogrammetry replacement right?

1 Like

The message I can read, but I do not understand why this particular one is singled out.

For example, they try to justify not talking about the mod because " The community needs to keep in mind that, Add-ons/Mods/Community content are not official Microsoft Flight Simulator products and may cause issues with the Build"

Can’t most 3rd party products cause issues with the build, or may cause issues with the build?
That’s a rhetorical question because today is one day after the newest sim update(SU7), and there’s multiple 3rd party ad-ons that are not currently making the sim work as it’s supposed to.

So, if 3rd party ad ons can cause issues with the sim, but 3rd party ad ons are allowed to be talked about, why can’t one 3rd party ad on in particular? I don’t understand

The only addons not allowed to be discussed on this forum are illegal ripoffs from other addons, and addons such as you wanted to discuss that can have legal consequences, and we as moderators are asked to close. What is what happened.

If you want to discuss this some more, please send a private message to @moderators as we can’t (and won’t) go into moderation actions publicly.

1 Like