What software do I need for Quest 2?

Hi guys, What software do I need to get for the Quest 2 Headset? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You’ll need Oculus Software for starters.

Some will say you need the Oculus Tray Tool, OpenXR Developer Tools and/or Virtual Desktop depending if you want to go down the rabbit hole that is wireless!

I’ve found that with the right drivers and careful optimisation I don’t actually need the tray tool or OpenXR as it runs fine out the box and I don’t notice any difference at all. And I have experimented a lot.

On Nvidia at the time of writing, a clean installation of 457.30 drivers gives the best performance.

You’ve no doubt seen CptLucky’s fantastic guide on this forum. It’s useful for Quest2 as well because there are many cross-over principles to follow.

1 Like

OpenXR Dev tools are only for WMR headset so completely useless for oculus headset.

Yes, as I said, “some will say…”

Hi there, Thanks for the replies and help…I was thinking about using the link cable , I think that’s what’s called.

I use it however it can get heavy on your head so it’s important to support it.

Oculus sell a fibre optic one for $80 or thereabouts but I use a standard compatible cable from Anker (on Amazon) for about $25.

Saying that, the fibre optic cable is much lighter - search on YouTube for various videos re the cable and the Q2 for VR in FS.

OK, thanks for the information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.