What the heck happened to the FPS in SU11

I was having huge issues with performance in SU11 (with DX12 & DLSS), much worse than SU10 (eg. stuttery performance (CPU limiting) approaching airports and taking off).
I also use FSLTL traffic so wasn’t sure if that was causing issues but it had been fine in SU10.

So much had changed at the same time including SU11, NVidia drivers, and several other software updates including Win 11 updates so it was hard to tell what had caused the slow down on my not slow system (5950+3090). After playing around, tonight I have improved my performance dramatically while flying with the non beta (resource heavy) A310.

Steps to improve -

1. move from DX12(DLSS)->DX11(TAA) {Also cleared the Direct X Shader Cache, and the ROLLING CACHE}
  2. graphics options : NVIDIA REFLEX LOW LATENCY - set to OFF
  3. DIAL TLOD back a bit. (currently on 150, used to be 200, I may tweak it back up though.)

Super smooth again right now. Not sure what SU11 did to DX12(+DLSS) but it did make it significantly worse compared to SU10.

I was even having sluggish perf with DX11 + DLSS. So tonight’s specific changes to get the much improved perf were-

• DX11+DLSS → DX11+TAA

and

• NVIDIA REFLEX LOW LATENCY (in graphics options) → OFF (it had been ON)

Hope this helps.