What the hell is going on? Issues after Update

1.The shadows were soft before the update. After the update the shadows are angular! With the 787, the shadows on the buttons are no longer there! I haven’t changed anything in the graphics settings.

1. A320 Neo. With a cold start you get no energy no matter what you do. As a result, the radio does not work either … Even if I let the checklist work automatically, the aircraft does not receive any power and the displays remain black.

2. 787-10 Dreamliner. The displays for altitude, speed, course and VS are black …

So in summary I can’t fly any of the planes without problems and there was also a graphic downgrade. Really great performance … I paid € 120 for this. I’ve already uninstalled the planes and downloaded them again, but that didn’t work. I’m really mad and hope for a quick update. Google translated the text.

I agree it is not acceptable.

Issue 2 you mentioned is well documented after the last patch and the best way to avoid is to spawn on the runway. It is not ideal, but the only option. I don’t know about the other issues…

Hope we get a resolution though!

2 Likes

If graphics are worse in general check that geforce experience didn’t set your settings to optimal. It’s been doing this for many people. I hit revert and things went back to normal.

1 Like

Really sad that it is currently not playable :sleepy:

Thousands and thousands of same topics here…

I understand and agree! On other side better will be do contributions inside existed topics where all is under pressure already :slight_smile:

I agree with you. That was my first post here. I just wanted to draw attention to the peoblem. :slight_smile:

Yes,

no problem and welcome!

1 Like

thank you =)

What do you mean by angular? You mean sharp? Because the way shadow mapping works, higher shadow map resolution = sharper shadows, and it’s not consistent. Meaning, one scene can produce soft shadows, while another can produce sharp.

The VFR map crash is what kills me…
This game is tons of fun but it’s just broken at the moment. Doesn’t work.
It would have been okay if we had hotfixes, but waiting one month for each update is just way too much for a fully priced product with such game breaking bugs.

1 Like

Hello the same with me.

I’m so difficult, the last patch lost the whole game, I’m flying with the A320, but it is so buggy that it is actually not playable. I stopped for a few days and now after the last patch I’ve heard about flying. The result is absolutely not playable. The desktop crashes immediately after starting.

I just can’t understand why MS doesn’t have quality control here. I mean how do you not care about me? I fight with the same rights as you SpringMint61835 so that you are not alone :frowning:

I’m now even considering whether to make a refund. I am now waiting for the second patch. If he doesn’t help, I want my money back.

1 Like

I already thought about applying for a refund, but I don’t really want to get my money back, I want to play the flight simulator without such big problems :frowning:

it is not acceptable. downgrade. @SpringMint61835

Not only have the graphics had a downgrade but also many, many things cause a crash to desktop. Flying with any other aircraft enabled and accidentally looking at one (or sometimes even an airport) also causes the smartcam to activate by itself, you cannot turn it off and then that also causes a CTD after about a minute.

I already noticed that with the camera bugs bugs bugs … I read in other forums that other Sims had the same problems to release, yes, but that was partly 10 years ago! As a customer, I can expect to get a game or a product in 2020 that doesn’t seem like early access, right? we fly through space and through the skies but can’t get an 8 GB patch through quality control !? sorry for that I have absolutely no understanding

1 Like

Agree with what mentioned. VFR map crashes even if I open before the takeoff, I got a crash later in the approach phase yesterday.
Airbus cold dark doesn’t work most of the time, the buttons are not functioning and apu doesn’t start, check list can’t be completed. Is mostly unusable.
Please test better the updates guys

Made many flights since the latest MFS update with A320, no issues here.
Same for 787 displays are working, didnt notice any changes on shadows.
As for VFR maps i have it always disabled for now, using Simtookitpro

There is a thread present for discussions of Patch 1.9.3.0. Please visit this thread to discuss the patch. This thread is now closed.