What the purpose of the Paris Scenery Packs now that we have WU4 with France Included?

I see that Landmarks Paris City Pack from ORBX and Paris Land Marks from PREALSOFT are on sale in the Marketplace.

With the new WU4 which includes France do they add anything that wasn’t added with the update?

Anyone own any of them and say if any are worth buying. I have a hard time passing up sales :slight_smile:

For ORBX, you have more landmark as Mont Valerien, Seine Musicale, Tour Horizon… Military zone are covered.
Old existing landmarks (as Tour Eiffel) had also better night light.

It’s better to consider Orbx / Prealsoft as finish for have the best version of Paris. Do not consider them as a “need to buy”.

1 Like

Seems like ORBX is more popular and more polished. I’m thinking about getting it.

Couldn’t help myself and bought the ORBX one.

Just a question: I purchased the Orbix City Pack and it is in my community folder but it does not appear in the sim. It says “Waiting”. Anyone has an answer to that issue?

You may not want to use it yet. Wait until it’s updated to be compatible with WU4. The current recommendation is to not have the Paris Landmarks active.

Now that Paris Landmarks by Orbx is in the sale and it’s been some time since this question was posed:
Is there going to be a noticeable and worthwhile difference on buying?

Are the main poi better than msfs default under WU4?
Is it still worth it for the extra buildings and changes to the Seine?

Anyone…(?) have a view of the value of Orbx Paris vs current World Update version of Paris?

my answer a few posts above:

I can’t speak for Paris but Orbx’s London pack rounds off the city nicely with some of the finer details. Building modelling is also of a higher quality than the default photogrammetry (which I actually think is worse post-WU12 / SU12). I personally wouldn’t buy such add-ons at full price but they’re great value in the periodic sales.

City-wise I also have Sanscene3D’s Tokyo and Orbx’s Dubai — both of which to be fair add more than the Orbx London pack. Orbx London is more of a subtle upgrade, for completeness, than a total overhaul.