What time of day do you guys like to fly?

Hi there, I was just curious what time of day do you guys like to fly? I normally fly in the daytime which is around 10am

1 Like

Mornings or afternoons - makes for nicer contrasts on the ground…

5 Likes

Always 6 AM I start cold and dark. But with real weather though.

1 Like

Usually after work. Since I generally fly in my immediate vicinity (Pacific NW) I have a lot of night takeoff and landings in the log.

Dave

With the last update now flying at night is even fun!

3 Likes

I would like to fly all day, but I have to go to work. So I can fly maybe after 7 pm but only if I’m not too exhausted.

All day/All night.

I average roughly 120 hours of flying every two weeks.

1 Like

All of them.

I’ll join you with this schedule in 30 years when I retire

3 Likes

Generally daytime (10am to 3pm) but occasionally I’ll do a sunset flight (4-5pm depending time of year and where you are). Looks beautiful.

Usually after work, but I always fly under Live Multiplayer conditions. So I have to make do with the real live time of wherever location I fly in.

1 Like

Most of my flying time is on the weekends, as I tend to put in long days at work.
lately when I fire up the Simulator, I tend to make evening flights.
Playing with the weather and creating some spectacular sunsets is kind of a kick.
And I like to practice my night landings.

Jim-Sim

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Topic reopened by OP request.

1 Like

I start before sunrise but use live weather

1 Like

I usually fly late afternoon/evening. Usually stuck during the day doing other things.

I generally always do real time & weather, so it never gets old seeing those sunsets though.

One of these days, I’d like to do a real-time Sunrise flight.

When ever work and the Mrs allows me to :slight_smile:

Real world time or sim time?

Real-world, always later at night since it’s when I have some time to myself. I usually set sim time to dawn or dusk as the “golden hour” lighting looks great, but the midday lighting can look more cartoonish and less realistic. Sometimes start at sunset if I want an actual night flight. I really like that time of day can be adjusted on the fly… just drag the slider until you hit some good lighting for the current location and weather.

In the evening (real-time) around 8pm.
IFR flights but the simulator time is usually set to daylight with interesting beautyful cloud or weather presets.

This is the most comfortable way to get familiar with the Airbus cockpit and train Cat2 and Cat3 and precision and non-precision landings (while being fully able to see the runway, to get a perfect feeling about what the airplane autopilot will do in a Cat3 situation, if it flares on it´s own, without ever being in real danger of flying blind).

But I absolutely loved that surprise thunderstorm with 25 knots of side wind and no visiblity over Sylt to see how well the Airbus IFR and ILS training really went :wink:
Bad weather is waaaay more interesting and satisfying to fly. But when flying with real-world weather strong rain strong winds and thunderstorms happen not very often.