What to replace the Twin Otter with?

I wouldn’t disagree, but I didnt want to rehash the laundry list again.

Some of the fixes are pretty straightforward. Others - like ITT logic - are very challenging in the current SDK.

But I doubt any other Dev is going to even think of doing their own ground up Twin Otter - not given how popular this one has been (lots of people have it and are happy with it and won’t buy another one) and the uncertainty of the intentions of its new owners (why risk investing all that time and money when a much improved V2 of this one could drop). Both would kill sales.

1 Like

I agree with this in the current situation. No point investing in a project until you know more. If a revised Twotter surfaces again in 2024 I guess that’s the time to evaluate the quality of it and if it’s not much better than what you think you could do with it then either a mod or a brand new version at that time. The sound triggering/transitions are the worst bit for me but of course it has other flaws too.

It’s sad to hear this but it makes sense. I guess we will be without a good plane from this segment for the foreseeable future…

This is the way

Wait out the Inibuilds MU, I seenz it(by accident/bug)… $9.99 too. It’s mixed analog avionics, not all glass.

Of course, the Kodiak too for a single if you don’t already have it. It’s glass, but very pleasant to deal with the suite, my #1 plane and I don’t like glass cockpits. But ‘live’ passengers or cargo, tons of configurations and now liveries are out for it.

If you want a good analog twin with oomph, although a completely different mission and piston the 414 is mind-boggingly good, and on sale. It will keep you busy. Just be a charter pilot, it has a cast of passenger characters and viewable co-pilot. Tons of failure scenarios, fantastic tablet checklist.

I’m desperately waiting on the SWS PC12, the Shorts, and the MU.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the MU. The PC-12 will be most awesome.

But before that the M500… (Not that that has anything like the Twotter mission profile, but will just be awesome to fly!)

There’s a shorts 330 in the works by Blackbox and a DeHavilland dash 7 in progress I don’t know when it’s release will be though

1 Like

In a perfect world there’d be a Q200 Dash-8, and a Turbo Mallard.

1 Like

I read something yesterday from the developer of the Dash 7 that it should be out this weekend on their site and available elsewhere a bit later. Cant remember exactly where I seen it but its out there ! Eagerly awaiting the Shorts as well which is also inbound soon.

2 Likes

And both the Dash 7 and s330 s360 are steam gauged cockpits also

1 Like

See this thread on the Dash 7. Should be out tomorrow.

1 Like

Well, it’s too little and too late, but I realized the original problem with the FD was a duplicate WT package from the marketplace that caused other weird avionics glitches throughout my hangar.

see this post: Just Flight have announced the Fokker F28 Fellowship - #597 by juk1236743

So i’ve bought the Shorts, a bit pricey (50 euro) the graphics are a typical BlackBox matter over form affair, and there is one annoying bug with the AFCS, but overall it’s very nice, flies beautifully by hand and has takeoff and landing distances short enough to be a replacement for the Twotter in most situations. Bonus points for the abundance of different versions and the Beta range functioning correctly. Makes taxying and parking much easier and fun. It’s like the low range in an offroad car. Now I just need Deraya Air Taxi or a fictional Merpati livery (stand-in for the CASA 212) to have fun on my favorite routes in Southeast Asia I previously had nothing to fly on

1 Like